Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Breakfast


Hi lovely ladies! I found the perfect recipe for this weekend's Saturday Morning Breakfast, for my sweet Valentine. The plan is to make homemade French crepes filled with a sweet cream sauce over bananas and topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. YUM! And yes, fattening. But I know my honey will love it. I hope it turns out well!

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup half-and-half cream
6 bananas, halved lengthwise
1 1/2 cups whipped heavy cream
1 pinch ground cinnamon
fresh, cut up strawberries

1. Sift flour and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and salt. Beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly greased 6 inch skillet. Add about 3 tablespoons batter. Tilt skillet so that batter spreads to almost cover the bottom of the skillet. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Repeat process with remaining batter, grease skillet as needed.
3. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet. Stir in brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cream and cook until slightly thickened. Add half the bananas at a time in a skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, spooning sauce over them. Remove from heat.
4. Roll a crepe around each banana half and place on serving platter. Spoon sauve over crepes. Top with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and a pinch of cinnamon.

Bon Appetite!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH MY!! My mouth is drooling at the thought of this Gorgeous breakfast!!
    YUUMMY!!!
    hope you and your sweetheart are having a lovely day!
    mandii

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have found this before tonight! I'll have to try to make these another time, they sound so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fantastic! I will for sure give those a try! Beautiful blog - glad I found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog and I love it!!! It's fabulous and so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making crepes! Hope it was delish!

    ReplyDelete