Monday, February 16, 2009

My Love, My Heart

Two years ago today I was proposed to by the most amazing and sexiest man in this world. I am still today as head over heels in love with this man as I was then. Every time I think back to how it began, I get an overwhelming reminder of how faithful God is and just how much He loves me. I mean, He loves me THIS much to hand pick and provide for me a soul mate far more perfect than anything I could have imagined for myself. Before I share our engagment story, I feel I should go back and share how it all began. How God changed my life forever and made me one of the luckiest women alive. I never saw it coming.

Our story starts a little differently in that it begins with a boy I'll call "L". "L" and I dated for four years starting when I was a sophomore in high school. It was during my sophomore year of college that God laid on my heart the distinct and severe feeling that "L" was not the man I was supposed to be with. But how do you just walk away from four years? We were comfortable. I tried to ignore the feelings God put on my heart. I spent several miserable months flat out ignoring God. But God, being the faithful and amazing God He is, never gave up on me.

My best girlfriends, and roommates through college, were friends with a goup of guys they met their freshmen year in the dorms. I only met these guys my sophomore year, and only on a few occasions. One evening, during my senior year of college, I was out with my girlfriends at a dance club near our house. It was getting late and I couldn't find my girls anywhere inside. I was about to just leave by myself when this incredibly tall, CUTE guy walked up to me. I knew he was part of the group of guys that my roommates were friends with, but I had never actually talked to him. He saw I was suddenly alone without my girlfriends and asked if he could walk me home. I thought it was sweet, and funny considering I lived right next door, and he knew this, but I smiled and said that would be great. On the walk home, I brought up the fact that I was starting this Bible study that Monday. We went on talking and figured out that it was the exact same study his parent's had done at their church back home. Monday comes and I arrive at Bible study. Guess who is there - The incredibly tall, CUTE guy who walked me home a few days earlier, AND "L". Awkward. I told myself not to focus on the elephant in the room and just enjoy the Bible study. At the very end of it, I said goodbye to both "L" and the incredibly tall, CUTE guy and then went to the ladies room. I was trying to escape! I came out of the ladies room a good solid 15 minutes later and there standing in front of the door waiting for me were both "L" and the incredibly, tall and CUTE guy. Again, AWKWARD.

Three weeks went by and the incredibly tall, CUTE guy kept coming. "L" faded. And the incredibly tall, CUTE guy started pursuing me like I have never been pursued before in my life. Apparently he had thought about pursuing me the year before, but at that point in my life I was still with "L" and the timing wasn't right. The night he walked me home from the dance club, he immediately went back to his apartment and told his roommates "I met an angel". I never heard this until we were engaged. His Best Man re-told the story during the toast at our wedding. I will NEVER grow tired of hearing that story!

I knew in my heart I wasn't supposed to be with "L". We both knew it. But it was comfortable and breaking up is a scary battle to face. I wanted to ignore the feelings God placed in my heart, but God brought upon me the distinct realization that He had something else in store for me. I was looking for "better" (ignoring a heartache and breakup) and God was wanting to give me what was "best". The ABSOLUTE BEST. My roommates always loved the incredibly tall, CUTE guy and couldn't have been happier when we started dating. They even said that back when they were freshmen they knew there was something special about him. They just never knew it was that he was going to be their best friend's husband. Throughout our whole relationship everything unfolded perfectly. I felt in every inch of my heart and soul that I was with the man God created for me. It was, and still is, the most amazing feeling in the world. God wrote a far more beatiful love story for me than I could have ever written for myself.
The week we started dating. Superbowl party.

Next up: The proposal. The day my heart never stopped singing.

6 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet story!!! You guys are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is so sweet. I think God has been talking to me a lot in the past couple of weeks exspecially last night and today. Do you know how a lot of jerks claim they want gf's and then when they start talking to you and texting you, you find out they are only after one thing. Well my old stupid 16 year old self would have probably fell for the tricks but a guy from my past who I knew was only after one thing then came back in my life last night. Why I dont know. Maybe to teach me that I have learned this lesson.Anyways I thought you know maybe with growing up he has changed and is not only after that one thing anymore seeing as how when he added me it said he was looking for a gf and not looking for sex..lol..well anyways he texted me and well haha he thought he could trick me by talkin me into sending him pics or something. God just kept telling me no. I told him I was not that type of girl but yet he kept on. Finally today I just told him that I thought he had changed but obviously he hadnt and that I wasnt looking for a one time thing, I was looking for a lifetime thing and I wouldnt make any mistakes like that. His reaction freaking out and cussing me out. There was my sign to tell him good-bye. I want to meet a guy and have romance and love not meet a guy who has one thing on his mind. anyways I didnt mean to leave a comment that was this long.sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story!!! You two make a precious couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and I cant wait to here THE REST OF THE STORY..haha

    ReplyDelete