Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Bag Game

Em from the Life and Times of Team Taylor and Jane from In the waiting line tagged me for a fun post all about your current bag. Thanks for the tag, ladies!

Here's how it goes:

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. We want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house. No cheating!

2) Say how much it costs. This is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it.

3) Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why you’re showing everyone your bag.


My latest little buddy is this Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. Please excuse the bland backdrop for the pic, I'm at work (don't worry, I'm at "lunch") and am limited on creative photography settings. I love this bag, it holds it all! I always have to carry around a "bag", small purses just don't seem to cut it for me. This one has three main areas and smaller pockets within, so it's perfect for holding it all. I saw it at Nordstrom's in December when I was with the family one day doing Christmas shopping. I picked it up and walked around the department store for a while. We were a match made in heaven. I loved how it was blue. I always look for bags that are a fun color and aren't brown or black. It kind of drives me nuts if I have a brown purse and I'm wearing a black outfit for work, and vice versa - (I know, it's a little pathetic). I knew it wasn't an option to buy so I put it back down. When Christmas came, I recieved a nice sized Nordstrom's box from my parents - and inside was my new little love. How akward to mention the price, but since it's part of the game, it's here on Marc Jacob's website for around $300. They have some new colors out for Spring and Summer that are ADORABLE! Bright and fun. The leather is really soft and doesn't scratch easily. What an amazing gift! Thanks, mom and dad!


Oh I almost forgot, here's the inside snapshot. If you look closely you can see the inside has polka-dots, I love them! My bag necessities pictured: wristlet/wallet, lipgloss/chapsticks, sunglasses, bottle of water, phone, hand lotion, gum, and a notebook and pen for random musings and writings.
Who wants to play? Anyone can!! If you read this, you're tagged. :o) And specifically I'll tag...

Doing this post really reminds me how extremely blessed I am and how faithfully I have been provided for by God, my husband, family and friends - in all areas. I am a very lucky girl and feel overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you!
XOXO,

4 comments:

  1. aww thanks for that comment about my brother and i will tell him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your purse, very cute! Thanks for the tag. I'll do this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really sure how I ended up on your blog...just thought I would say HI and I LOVE your bag! Way cute!!

    ReplyDelete