Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NYC Fashion week 2009

NYC Fashion week has come and gone! Ohhh how I wish I could have been present at the fabulous runway shows and endless soirees. Instead, I had to rely on the trusty internet to satisfy my fashion cravings. Here are a few quick pictures to recap a few of the many amazing designers showcased. The blurbs are based on my internet findings.
First up, is Isaac Mizrahi who showed a vibrant, "sportswear" collection for his new line. I love how they called it sportswear. Not quite something I would go to the gym in, but casual nonetheless.

credits

Jill Stuart's collection was very sexy and used a lot of silk, leather and lace.

credits

Okay, so this picture is actually from Paris Couture week. I was dying to see Christian Dior's collection for NYC Fashion week and found this in my search, and had to still post about it. The dresses from his Dutch inspired collection take my breath away. I read that he purposely stayed on the path of couture and upscale instead of downplaying his designs in response to the hurting economy, like some would expect. He said something along the lines of that it is his job, regardless, to design and create the finest pieces. And he does!

credits

Tory Burch apparently used a lot of fur! Gosh, I just love her.

credits

Lastly, SheFindsRebekah at the shefinds site shared a tip on a hot, new nailpolish color for the season. This soft shade of gray from Rescue Beauty Lounge, called Concrete Jungle for $18, is quietly chic and sophisticated.

Oh, and the boyfriend look is still in! I read a lot about boyfriend blazers paired with large statement necklaces. So, we're still in the "wear your husbands and boyfriends" clothes stage. Ha!

~

Before I go, I want to let you know that I made the Shrimp Jambalaya below last night and it was DELIC! And super easy to make. I highly recommend it. :o)



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my page! The title Star and wish came from Summer Camp when I used to work for one. We used to give the kids a "star" or something that they were good at, or why we were proud of them, and then a "wish" was something that we wished that they would do...ie....finish eating all their lunch...clean up after themselves! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love that nail polish color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I def need to make that recipe, sounds so yummy! You are the cutest wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH how I wish I had the funds to match my desire for all of these fabulous high fashions.

    *sigh

    a girl can dream, I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so cute! It sounds like we have a lot in common :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for the boyfriend look!... although mine is 6'9 so nothing would fit and I'd look like a real goober borrowing his massive clothes:)

    ReplyDelete