Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Edible & Wearable

I love watching the food network for, well the yummy food they talk about, but my favorite shows are those about creative, edible masterpieces. It is amazing to me how talented these people are! Shows like Ace of Cakes leave me in a trance, because the designers apply their artistic skills and passions to create beautiful masterpieces that are entirely EDIBLE. One show I watched was about edible and WEARBLE art. Check these out!

This young bride was married in a wedding dress that is entirely edible! Her honey made the gown for her out of flour, eggs, sugar and caramel. They were maried in 2006 in the Western Ukranian city of Uuhhorod. It took him two months to make the dress and she said it was actually really comfortable!





This dress appeared at the Chocolate Dress Fashion Show at the Porte Versailles. The models wore edible chocolate attire. Exquisite!



This dress was made by pastry chef Zac Young and designer Nicole Romano. It is made with: 6 pounds of chocolate, 8 pounds of butter, 600 cookies and ZERO fabric.



And lastly, here is my favorite: Rieko Wada, a graduate of the French Pastry School and her daughter Kasumi Wada are launching a line Choclatines, "where chocolate meets couture". They will sell chocolate handbags, shoes and accessories. For example, you can have your wedding shoes re-created in chocolate! I'm already in love.


And if all of this yummy, wearable and edible art makes you in the mood for something fun, take a look at this "sweet" bra, it's $9.99 here. They even have a candy g-string! Oh my! :o)

PS. If you end up doing the "Love Story" scrap below, please remember to let me know so I can read it!


XOXO,





11 comments:

  1. I still don't understand how you make beautiful dresses out of food! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted our LOVE story! :o) What a fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! Wow, that wedding dress is CRAZY!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ace of Cakes is one of my favorite shows.

    And maybe it's a good thing I don't have an edible dress/outfit...too much temptation to eat it! :)

    P.S Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some cool clothes. I could never wear them though. I'd be snacking and end up in nothing more than a string bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is so funny....and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dresses are crAAAzy! Maybe I should get that bikini though! haha!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! And I've tagged you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi there! i couldn't remember if i responded to your question about the cookies (whether or not the hearts/letters were baked into the cookies). if i did, ignore me!

    if i didn't........go to the "morgan moore" hyper link on my cookie post (nevermind, i posted it below for you). i found the recipe on her blog. you use powdered sugar and stencils for the icons. she even tells you how to make your own stencils. i just bought some at hobby lobby. it takes some practice to get them just so, but they are really cute. check out her site - her cookies looked far better than mine.

    here's the link to her blog w/ more details!
    http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2008/01/cookie-love.html

    ReplyDelete