Monday, February 9, 2009

Homemady Hershey Kiss

Thank you for following me and leaving all of your sweet comments! It's so encouraging. I feel like I've been a little MIA! I have off work on Fridays (FABULOUS!) and tend to find myself wrapped up in the weekend shindig already by Thursdsay night. I think of my fellow bloggers often, and always plan on sitting down with the laptop, but somehow other things seem to find me, fun things none the less, so I consider it okay to postpone all writing actions. But then come Monday I find myself with the dire need to POST. So here we go!


Valentine's Day is this weekend! YAY! I'm so excited it falls on a Saturday. I'm still on the quest for the perfect V-Day, Saturday morning breakfast idea. I'll let you know what I find. We didn't have one this past weekend because we had a baby shower. It was a couples baby shower. Have you ever been to a couples baby shower? It was definitely a first for my husband and he really didn't know what to think about it, or what to expect. He and the guys ended up playing cricket (i know, cricket?? random) in the basement for a good, solid hour. Too funny. Speaking of V-day and my hubs...my honey-hubby is actually pretty romantic and gets MAJOR brownie points every year on V-Day for originality and creativity. This year I'm busting out the home-made gift theme. It's been hard thinking of things that aren't the usual home-made gift ideas: coupon book, decorated picture frame, etc. I was looking online for some fun ideas and found this one that I just have to share - it's so stink'n cute - a homemade 'Huge Hershey Kiss'. All credit goes to this little site I found, here.

This is how it's done...

Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave until smooth. Use a clean funnel and a plate for the rest of the process - the funnel is how you get the Hershey Kiss shape. Put a little bit of aluminum foil in the neck of the funnel and then spray the inside of the funnel with a nonstick cooking spray. Place the funnel on its neck on the plate being careful not to tip it - the website where I found this says it will hold up if you're careful. Spoon the melted chocolate into the funnel. Wait overnight. Remove the dried chocolate from the funnel. If it's hard to get out, take a knife and run it around the perimeter of the funnel until it slides out. Wrap the kiss in tin foil and make a little message to stick out of the top. Too cute!

Do you have any good, home-made gift ideas?? Please share!

10 comments:

  1. So cute!! I'm not that creative so I usually just make a meal and I have done the coupon book idea. My husband is the creative one - he wrote me a song on VDay! I melted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhh, this is so adorable! thanks for sharing. I made a ton of peppermint bark yesterday for the office and a few of my junior league meetings this week.

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! Sounds delicious too! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and here's to a fabulous Valentine's Day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The homemade Hershey kiss is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I am making chocolate covered pretzels for Valentine's Day!!! They are my husband's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea! Homemade always means so much more.

    Thanks for your sweet comment :) My friend made me the blog header - I love it too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your blog is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea!! I think Im going to have to give them a go!!
    Mandii

    ReplyDelete