Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Praises.

What a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and weekend!  I even had off yesterday too, sooo nice!  I can’t wait to catch up with everyone and see how your holiday was spent.  Guess what – my FIL was released from the hospital on Wednesday!  Talk about the PERFECT way to celebrate Thanksgiving.  He is still not out of the woods yet, and is in a rehab center for a few weeks, BUT, he is back in PA with us and we are SO thankful.  We have been lifting up our praises continuously!  My FIL was in Minnesota on a business trip when he was rushed to the hospital, six weeks ago, with severe stomach pains.  It turned out to be more serious than we thought and he was unable to travel back home until he was stable enough to fly.  Finally the time came on Wednesday, six weeks later, that he could travel home and it gives me goosebumps that it was on Thanksgiving Eve. Our prayers have been answered, THANK YOU!!

AND, speaking of Thanksgiving – GUESS WHAT - the house didn’t burn down and no one got food poisoning!  Ha!  Everything turned out SO well.  We brought EVERYTHING over to hubby’s parent’s house and did the whole shebang there.  If there is anything I learned from our experience cooking the big meal for our first time, it’s that my mom is a ROCK STAR.  All of the moms/dads/peeps out there who do this on an annual basis are ROCK STARS!  I was EXHAUSTED after everything was finished, to say the least.  It really was so much fun being in the kitchen with Hubby, cooking up a storm.  We kept giving high fives and going into group huddles, haha.  Such great team work!  It was also sooo much fun relaxing on the couch after it was all finished!  All in all, it truly was a perfect day spent with hubby’s sweet family.  It was fantastic.  Some pics!

turkey1

(Seriously, how cute is he in that moose apron?!  I swoon.)

turkey3

A garlic/butter glaze with roasted vegetables.  One of the recipes we found during our research session at B&N.  The research paid off!  Delish.

turkey4

Tucker was going CrAzY with all of the smells in the kitchen.

turkey6

Carving the little beauty.

turkey7

Have you ever actually carved a whole turkey?  I now know it takes some MAD skills.  My FIL taught Hubby well.  :o)

turkey8

Setting the table.

turkey10

Mmmmm.  Dessert.  Oh, and guess who forgot to bake the pie crust before filling it with the no-bake, chocolate-pumpkin-cream-pie filling?  ME.  Good thing we had an extra pie crust!  Crisis diverted, phew.

turkey12

Our little furry-baby is not so little anymore!

And speaking of our furry baby…

tucker

Pictures are back!  Can’t wait to share!!  Coming next. (see the blue shoes?!)

My heart was so overwhelmed with thankfulness and joy these past several days, including thanks for ALL OF YOU.  Thank you for always being so encouraging.  Ya’ll are, quite simply, AMAZING.

Happy Tuesdsay!

Blessings/XOXO

PS. It’s December 1st!!!!  Does it get any better than this?!

17 comments:

  1. Looks like you a great time...i love the last picture so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Thank goodness your FIL was released just in time for Thanksgiving!!=)
    2. The turkey looks delicious!!
    3. The table setting is so pretty.
    4. LOVE the picture of your sweet dog and can't wait for more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...your Tucker reminds me of our Baxley!!! I'm posting some photos of our family photo shoot today so you'll have to check them out. :) Baxley is more golden than blonde and is definitely older but the best thing about a Golden is that they never lose that puppy look. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture...can't wait to see more! Oh and by the way...I'm now officially ready for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! And your dog is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your FIL is doing better. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Your turkey looks delicious! Those blue shoes are adorable and your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a beautiful Thanksgiving. Tucker is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that turkey looks so yummy!!!

    can't wait to see the pictures!! still lovin those blue shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH wow, I cannot wait to see more pictures, just that one makes me so excited! And garlic turkey with roasted veggies... YUM! So glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last pic......I LOVE.

    What an awesome holiday you had!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so I'm impressed - you guys did an amazing job in the food department! Good for you! I knew you would do a great job - that turkey looked so delish! And all the desserts - yum! I had to laugh at your pie crust story - I have done that before - so do not think you are alone! I am so happy to hear that your FIL was able to be with you all - what a blessing from God! I hope he is continuing to improve and gain his strength back. I will continue to pray for him. Looking forward to seeing your family pics - I have no doubt they are absolutely adorable, I love the ones you have teased us with.... Tucker is precious - nothing like a sweet pup-they add so much to a family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your Thanksgiving went so well...that is awesome about your FIL. Cute picture with your doggie and the blue shoes. LOVE IT! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that your FIL was home in time for Thanksgiving. How amazing was that?!

    Also glad that your Thanksgiving went so well. I knew you would do an amazing job!

    Love, love, love did I mention I love your blue shoes? I can't wait to see the other pictures!!

    If you would like stop by my blog, I put up a video of Shawn on there for all of my blogging friends to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so picture perfect :)

    Love the Moose apron.

    I'd buy that.
    The Mr. would go nuts over that :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time!! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great Thanksgiving! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures look amazing!! So glad the dinner went off so well and your FIL was about to be in town :)

    Can't wait to see your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete