Monday, November 23, 2009

A heart so full.

I love this time of year.

I love the feeling I get when the crisp, autumn air brushes against my cheek.  I love the delicious smells in our house after a day spent in the kitchen.  I love sipping hot tea and cozying up to a good book.  I love weekend adventures with my hubby. I love time spent with my precious family and friends.  I love daily heart-moments with my loving Father. 

I am SO blessed and SO thankful for the incredible gifts I have been given in my life.

My sweet FIL is STILL not home from the hospital.  We are so encouraged that He will be home with us by Thanksgiving, but of course, God may have other plans.  We are praying he makes it back home SOON.  We miss him and want nothing more than to celebrate our day of Thanks and Giving with him.  I’ll keep you posted.  Even in the midst of crazy, up and down times, God is GOOD and He is faithful.  I am so thankful for that. 

This week, Hubby and I are embarking on our first-ever, Thanksgiving feast adventure!  We went to Barnes and Noble after church yesterday and did LOTS of research on turkey techniques, gluten-free recipes (for my BIL) and spent precious hours over coffee planning the big day.  It was so much fun!  Since this is our first Thanksgiving meal that we’re tackling all by ourselves, and because we want to make it EXTRA special for my hubby’s sweet mom and family, we want to be extra prepared.  I think we are!  After we were finished, we headed home to get ready for bible study.  After some thoughtful decision making, Hubs said he wanted a night with “just us”, so we decided to play hookie and had an evening of cooking, movies and “just us” time.  It was heaven!  On Saturday we had our holiday photo shoot with Tucker and my BLUE SHOES!  I actually ended up wearing a different pair of blue heels, a pair that I found that I love even more – so excited for you to see them.  We had a BLAST taking our pictures.  It was a GORGEOUS day and Tucker was SO cute and playful.  Who wouldn’t love a full of hour of puppy and hubby cuddling for the camera?!  I will share some of the pictures as soon as I receive them!  We spent Saturday evening at this WONDERFUL, super cute BYOB Italian restaurant with a couple who live up the street from us that we have been having SO much fun getting to know.  I felt like I was back in Italy with good food, good wine and GREAT company.

DSC04413

My heart is SO full today with sweet reminders of all the things I am thankful for.  I’m spending this week with my hubby’s sweet family and will be back next week with a full recap!  Can’t wait to share how everything turns out and I am especially praying that I will be able so share that my FIL is HOME. 

Have an AMAZING and BLESSED Thanksgiving week!

Blessings/XOXO

14 comments:

  1. How wonderful it is to be thankful for so many things!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww you are so sweet! sounded like a great weekend! I can't wait to see your fam pics!!! I know they are going to be gorgeous! and that is so much fun that you guys have some close neighbors that you've been getting to know! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great night! I just love nights where we stay in and just enjoy each other's company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you only the best with your Thanksgiving feast, I just know it will be glorious! May your heart be full of the richest blessings as you celebrate this wonderful time of year. Look forward to hearing about your week.
    Praying for your FIL, daily.
    Happiest Thanksgiving sweet A.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, and sounds like a great weekend!!=) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to see pictures of your photo shoot! And it sounds like you are very much a planner and Thanksgiving is going to be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post just made me smile! What a wonderful time of year! Cant wait to hear how your Thanksgiving goes! I'm sure it will be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am anxious to see your Christmas pictures and you blue heels. I'll bet Tucker is getting so big. What fun to hang out with some friends for dinner. Enjoy your Thanksgiving...may you whole family be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not wait to see your Christmas pictures in your blue heels, and of course with your hubby and Tucker.

    I'm glad you had such a great weekend. Having friends like that is just the best!

    I've made an entire Thanksgiving dinner all by myself once before, a few years ago when Shawn and I couldn't get home. Anyways, it was a long day of cooking, but it really wasn't that hard at all. You can do it!

    I'm getting my nails done on Wednesday, I'm going for the You Don't Know Jacque. I will let you know how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think there is a better time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you sure are one lucky lady!! i love this time of year too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is such a great picture!! you all look so cute n happy! glad you had such a good weekend!
    looking forward to seeing the christmas pics!

    i hope you have a fabulous thanksgiving sweet girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! I'm hoping and praying your FIL is home with you all to enjoy the day. I bet your meal will be scrumptious! After all, you did your research! We are smoking one turking in our smoker and roasting the other....I am taking one to share and keeping one for our own leftovers. My husband found a rather odd recipe (beer is involved) so we shall see how this turns out! Have a great one A!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm praying for your sweet FIL.
    I hope you had a great holiday and he comes home soon :)

    ReplyDelete