Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shoes & Champagne

My bff Christian has invited me over this weekend to sip champagne and collaborate on design ideas.  He told me he HAS to have me on his design team.  I told him, in response, that he is a very smart man.  I said, “Mr. Louboutin, I may be an amateur shoe designer but I am an ELITE shoe shopper.  I will gladly work for you and am happy to be compensated in your stilettos.”

…sigh….

What a fairy tale dream.

I read an article last night titled…

“Tipsy-Turvy”

(from my W Magazine)

According to an old French saying, champagne is best sipped from a beautiful lady’s slipper.  Christian Louboutin seems to take that notion seriously.  In October 2008 he celebrated his Fashion Group International award by drinking champagne from one of his own designs and then passing it along to his friend and fellow honoree Philippe Starck.  Inspired by that moment, the haute cobbler collaborated with champagne maker Piper-Heidsieck to create Le Rituel, a limited-edition box set featuring a bottle of bubbly and a crystal flute in the shape of a stiletto with Louboutin’s signature red sole.  The $500 novelty launches at select Neiman Marcus stores this month.

Talk about a drink with a kick.

christian

christian2

Shoes & Champagne?  Yes, please.

 

And speaking of shoes…

nordstrom

You will find me this weekend at the fabulous King of Prussia mall (Oh yes, we live next to the largest shopping mall in America based on retail size. Mall of America is actually considered the largest mall in America based on SQUARE FOOTAGE because it has a roller coaster inside.  Honestly, I am happy to take more shopping opportunities over a roller coaster.  LOVE IT.) drooling over gorgeous eye candy and selectively purchasing a few (maybe a little more than a few) precious items at the FABULOUS Nordstrom.  Ladies, the following will ALL be available ON SALE: 7 For All Mankind, Hudson Jeans, Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, True Religion – IT’S ALLLLL ON SALE! And don’t even get my started on the shoes!

Now THAT is a fairy tale dream come true.

And to top it off, we have SUCH a fun night planned for Saturday.  Can’t wait to share!

Have an AMAZING weekend!

Blessings/XOXO

16 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish we had a Nordstrom's close by...ok well maybe it's better that we don't! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want that champagne shoe glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have champagne again! Can't even wait. I am TOTALLY on the search for a stilleto wine glass. If I find one, I'll buy 2, 1 for me, 1 for you!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so crazy...and fun! I just stumbled on your blog and it is so fun! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Louboutin champagne glass with the bottle of champagne is pure luxury! I love it.

    I might need to make a KOP trip this weekend just for the Nordstrom sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i love it! save me a seat in your car, I'm coming shopping! ok, I guess I can't, but shop for me too!! =) can't wait to hear all about your shopping adventure and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just too cute for words. I love your posts, they just make me happy! Have a delightful time shopping for shoes - and anything else you decide to splurge on. As for me, I'm going to be in downtown Atlanta at the Georgia Tech/Wake Forest game on Saturday. 70 degrees and lots of tailgating going on! Heaven!! Tyler and Kristin will be with us. Can't wait! Have a splendid weekend, wondering what all your plans are?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! If only I had $500 big ones to spend on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I love the King of Prussia mall. I went there only once, but long to go back again. It was so fun and I bought so much. I believe there was no sales tax and i was in heaven. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooohhhh.....I likey.... have a great weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a lover of boots. Short, tall, flat, heeled, plain, decorative, leather or not....I like them all.


    Have fun at the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you are seriously lucky to be near such gorgeous things....if only!

    What an amazing glass in first pic's.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I adore the champagne shoe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I highly doubt I can convince KT that I *need* that Champagne/Louboutin combo, but it sure is faaaaabulous! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope you had a great time girl!! I am loving the shoe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. And you just described my idea of heaven!

    ReplyDelete