Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A-MAZING!

Ahhhhhh, what an A-MAZING weekend!  It felt SO good to be back in Chi-town, and it felt even better to be back with my amazing lovies!  Our weekend consisted of everything girly you can possibly imagine.  It was such a sweet reminder of the blessings God has given me in the friendships I had in Chicago, and the biggest blessing ever that I am still connected with them.  I wouldn’t trade where I am now for ANYTHING (has something to do with that phenomenal hunk of a husband I have), but it is still so fun to revisit places of the past and cherish the memories, new and old.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll let the photos do MOST of the talking!

I used to give Michelle (Miche) a manicure every Thursday night while we watched Grey’s – it was our little tradition.  Even the tiniest details such as being able to give her a french manicure like old times was so fun and precious.  Misssssed this girl!

miche1

In a cab w/Somer & Miche on the way to the House of Blues for an A-MAZING Gospel Brunch!

miche2

miche3

We had our own suite RIGHT above all of the action.  It was so much fun!  They do this every Sunday and Miche has always wanted to go – it was too perfect that we were able to do it together.  The food was DELISH and the gospel music was INCREDIBLE.  Loveee the Chicago House of Blues.

miche4

Somer is on the left and Miche is on the right – two friends of mine from two different stages of my life – college and post college.  Too funny, they met at my wedding!  And now Somer lives in Chicago and these two are precious friends.  So happy I was the link that connected them!

miche5

The whole gang!  Such incredible ladies.miche8

Taking advantage of the CTA while hitting up Michigan Ave for some MAJOR shopping!

miche7

Wow. It was a weekend I will never forget.  God really used my mini-vacay to open my eyes and remind me how truly blessed I am with the friends, family and husband I have been given.  These ladies are so precious to me and while it was sad to leave them last night, I was SO ecstatic to make it home to my sweet Hubby.  I am reminded that it truly is about being in the present, no matter where I am, and relishing in the joys and sweet blessings God has given me.  He is SO good.  :o)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Can you believe it’s already Wednesday?!  We are optomistic that my sweet Father-In-Love will be coming home from the hospital THIS week!  PTL!  I’ll keep you posted.

Happy Wednesdsay.

Blessings/XOXO

24 comments:

  1. ooooo how fun girl! Sounds like you had a blast! Love the pictures! Y'all are all so beautiful! Hope your having a great week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend. You are all so beautiful! What a fun group of friends you have. You are blessed. I love me some Chicago and Michigan AVenue. Woo hoo shopping! So glad about your FIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun weekend...great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing weekend!! Loved the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pics! You all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a BLAST! Girlfriends are SUCH a blessing! :) Love what you said about living in the moment... its so true! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend!! There's nothing like a girl's trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing time!! you girls are beautiful! so glad you got to go and having such a fab time with your girls! I admit, I'm a little jealous=) hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Thanks for reminding me to cherish God's blessings each day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about your Father in Law. You all are gorgeous..not that I am jealous or anything! Looks like such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A manicure during Grey's sounds like a great tradition. My roommate and I would just eat candy the whole hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I love girls weekends! We are very much alike in that all my best friends are still in Ohio... or have moved to other parts of the country. It's hard, but when I get to see them it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun and blessed time! I just adore getting together with my girls. They are so much apart of my being. I love them. Looks like you had a BLAST! And you just look precious darling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had an amazing time! I love love love when I get to go back to Ohio and spend time with my girl friends. They are the best ever!

    Oh hey, do you happen to know the color and brand of your nail polish? I'm loving that! I'm usually a french manicure girl myself, but I may mix it up a bit and get a color this time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i got your sweet comments on my blog and thought i had already responded to you but i must not have pushed "post". so again...thank you for the wonderful feedback...you may certainly post about it on your blog - absolutely. and i LOVE the energy from the pictures you've posted...it's a GREAT feel! so.much.fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey girl! I left you a little something over at my place. Hope your having a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl time is the best. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwwwww, you ladies look fabulous. I just had two girl weekends in a row and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Again, another great blog - what fun you and your friends always seem to have! :) You are a blessed young lady for sure, all those precious gals in your life! Glad you had some time with all of them making more memories. So glad to hear that your FIL is improving and heading home - God is so good. Have a simply grand turkey day with those you love! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas pics with you, your hubby and Tucker! (blue heels?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. CUTE pics! Makes me want to go to Chicago BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun trip! Glad you had a great time :) I heart Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You girls are the cutest and I heart your outerwear which means I like you.
    following now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww SO glad you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete