Tuesday, November 10, 2009

All over the place.

Happy Tuesday, B-Loves!  AHH, we had a FABULOUS weekend and I have ZERO pictures to show for it because my camera all of the sudden stopped working!  I think I have it fixed now, which is a very good thing, BUT, not going to lie - I was looking at the situation as an indicator that maybe it’s time to invest in a delicious Canon Rebel!  We’ll see what happens.  :o)

Our weekend was spent wining and dining with new and fabulous friends!  We spent Friday night at the most A-MAZING sushi restaurant I have ever been to with a few of sweet Hubby’s co-workers.  Seriously, I wanted to bathe in the sauce that came on the special roll we ordered.  DIVINE.  Oh, and they had shumai with wasabi infused wonton paper.  Seriously?!  HEAVEN.  Saturday was spent shopping with my precious and amazing mommykins (I was SO good and only bought this awesome, cropped maroon leather jacket that we both agreed was a MUST-HAVE…I didn’t even buy any shoes!  Well I did, but not at Nordstrom and not on that day, so that doesn’t count, right?) and Saturday night sweet Hubs and I were invited over to our friends’ house for appetizers, mojitos and games with another new couple we have never hung out with.  So fun!  AH, I just loveee meeting new people.  Sunday after church I spent the day with two new, precious girlfriends from church.  We made lunch together, played games and spent the day chatting about all sorts of girly stuff until when my sweet hubby picked me up and we went to our couples’ bible study.  While I spent the day with my girlfriends, Hubby and Tucker had a man-date.  They went to a bird sanctuary and then to PetSmart together.  How cute is that?!  It’s pretty rare for us to have a weekend at home these days.  It was FABULOUS!

AND NOW…oh my goodness, I feel like everything is starting to tumble quickly into one thing after another.  BUT, it’s all exciting stuff.  This Thursday I leave for Chicago! I’m going for a nice, LONG weekend and am visiting my old stomping grounds and my precious lovie, Michelle.  I am THRILLED to spend the weekend loving on her and just having precious and much needed GIRL time.  AND, so excited to see everyone from there that I haven’t seen in so long.  I am thrilled!

Picture of us when I lived in Chi!  Ah, we were inseparable.  MISSSSS THIS GIRL!

miche6

A week from this Saturday, we are getting professional pictures taken with Tucker for our Christmas cards!  It’s pretty crazy how excited I am for this.  We really haven’t had professional pictures taken since our wedding and especially not with Tucker!  There is a park right next to our neighborhood that has old ruins situated throughout (it’s incredibly random) and it is the PERFECT site for a fun-filled afternoon of picture snapping.  Oh, and I’m super excited to wear my new, bright blue shoes. 

blue shoes 

We rotate our holidays every year with which family we are spending it with, and this Thanksgiving we are with Hubby’s family.  Because of everything going on with his sweet father (prayers are still really appreciated!) we decided to go ahead and take over and host everyone at our house – we are ordering his mom to not lift a SINGLE finger.  EEEK!  So excited and honestly, SO nervous!  I have never before, in my whole life, made a Thanksgiving Turkey!  Thanksgiving is two weeks from Thursday and it is time for me to get cracking and start planning the menu.  I’m excited to tackle my family’s traditional recipes and am just praying I will come out on the end with no fires or burnt food, haha.  If you have any holiday recipes you think are to-die-for, please pass them on to me!

This post is incredibly random and all over the place, please excuse me.  It goes well with how my mind is right now – running rapidly wild!  Since I’m leaving for Chicago I will be taking a mini-vacay from blogging and will be back next week.  I can’t wait to show you a picture of my boys cooking me dinner the other night in celebration of a promotion I got at work!  YAY!  All that and pics from Chicago to come!!  If not from my feeble camera, then from Miche’s camera. 

Have an amazing week and weekend!

Blessings/XOXO

21 comments:

  1. You are going to host the most gorgeous, delicious Thanksgiving. I just know it!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the Blue shoes. Too cute!! Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those exact same shoes too!! Don't you just LOVE them =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a fabulous trip!!

    And so fun that you have so many wonderful girl friends to hang out with :) Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Blue shoes! I have done Thanksgiving on my own the last 2 years. It is actually really fun! Plan well and make whatever you can ahead of time, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious blessing to host Thanksgiving for the first time! Have an amazing trip and enjoy your much deserved girl time! Look forward to the pictures! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Have a blast on your trip!

    You will host an awesome Thanksgiving, I know it. I hosted Christmas in our apartment last year and loved every second of it.

    And sorry about the football game over the weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i freaking love those shoes! where'd you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you have a fabulous fun trip girly!! i need some girl time with my bestie pronto ;)
    i am loving those shoes!! they are so pretty!!
    your thanksgiving dinner is going to be amazing!! have faith in yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl you are always on the go having so much fun. That is cool that you all meet so many new people, you can never have too many friends. How fun to go to chicago. My girls and I love it there. Have a great time. Cant wait to see the Christmas pictures...fun!
    Hugs,
    mimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmmm. Sushi sounds SO killer right now! Love those shoes. I got a pair that color recently and I'm completely enamored with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a busy girl for sure! Enjoy your weekend in Chi town and have a blast with your friend, I'm sure you'll have fun stories to share when you get back. Your Thanksgiving dinner will go smashingly - I have lots of recipes I would be happy to share! I love it when Kristin cooks for us - she did Christmas last year and she did such a great job for her first "in-law meal", ha ha! Have SAFE and fun travels and hope your camera gets fixed, definitely missed the pics! And your bright blue shoes are gorgeous -can't wait to see the pics of you in them. Enjoy your long weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for you for meeting some new great girls! that's awesome!

    I hope you have a great trip!

    I cannot wait to see your family pics, they are going to be gorgeous!

    And your thanksgiving is going to be so wonderful! You are going to do amazing=)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure are all over the place--the map!! I was just in Chicago this past weekend, have such a great time! And those blue shoes...can I borrow them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. once again I am so far behind! Hope your having a fabulous trip and I think it is so sweet what you offered to do on Thanksgiving! Im sure it will go fine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sushi restaurant you went to sounds fantastic! Is it local? Just curious since I live in Delaware County. Saturday sounds like the perfect day and apps, mojitos and games over at your friend’s house must have been a blast. Whenever Geof goes out with one of his guy friends, I call it a man-date too…haha!

    I hope you have a great time in Chicago. You ladies are so pretty! The family photo shoot also sounds like it will be really nice. I also think it is so sweet of you to host Thanksgiving. I would love to do that, if only our house was little bigger.

    Congrats on your promotion!

    P.S. Love the blue shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sushi! And those shoes are FAB. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  18. i left you a little love on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your shoes. You'll look divine in them I know you will. I have faith. :)

    You look so adorable in that hat :)

    Souns like a great time! Umm...sushi..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you have a great trip and some wonderful time with your friend.

    cheri

    ReplyDelete