Friday, December 18, 2009

I’m obsessed.

I had to find time to quick jump on here and share something that I am completely obsessed with at the moment.

Last night while I was cooking dinner Hubby was asking me a series of conversational questions out of his Men’s Health magazine about winter. 

“What is your favorite thing about winter?” (CHRISTMAS, fires in the fireplace, time w/family & loved ones, hot apple cider, cinnamon candles, baking…I could go on and on…)

“What is your least favorite thing about winter?” (Getting ice off of the car!)

“If you could participate in one of the following winter sports, which one would you choose: Curling, Bob Sledding…….”

I immediately said, “OOOHH DOG SLEDDING!  DEFINITELY DOG SLEDDING!”

He laughed and said “Nooooo, it says BOB sledding”.

Well, that was it.

DOG sledding. It’s all I can think about now.  When faced with the question of which winter sport I would choose if given the option, although it wasn’t even an option, I still choose DOG SLEDDING.  This is DEFINITELY going on my bucket list.  I did some research and found exactly where I could go (hubby in tow) AND on le cheaper side than, say, in Antarctica.  Some place exotic would be ideal, but for now, Minnesota will do!  

Sweet Hubs, please read the following and take note of this subtle hint. 

Wintergreen Dogsled Lodge.  A 4 night dog sledding trip in Ely, Minnesota.  Staying two nights at one breathtaking lodge and then dog sledding to the next breathtaking lodge, and doing day trips in between.  Complete with our own guide, gourmet dinners, skiing, snowshoeing, hot tubbing (i know it isn’t a word but it should be), romantic evenings by the fireplace…

Obsessed. 

a1 

a4 a3

(source)

No seriously, next year?

XOXO.

18 comments:

  1. Alright...I'm on board that sounds like such a fab trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too funny!! how amazing would that trip be!!! he definitely better be reading this... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh i have never even thought about doing it but now that looks really fun! not to mention I have a great friend that lives in minn. :) hmmm this could be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm obsessed with it! That sounds so fun and romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun!! And so romantic! I hope you get to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh me oh my--DOG SLEDDING! Get out the mittens. I can say that has NEVER been on list.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be a blast!! I live in Minnesota and it really is beautiful here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretty much love this idea! Maybe Josh and I can meet you guys up there and do it- HOW STINKING fun does Dog-sledding plus all the other amazing things you mentioned sound!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and unique vacation! Here's hoping for next year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haaha that is definitely different!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your sis's engagement! How exciting for all of you! What a great time of year to get engaged. And...dog sledding? Love your sense of adventure!!! You are just so cute - and your personality comes out thru your blog. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That place sounds amazing... and the pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would totally do that, it looks so fun!! I also hate scrapping the cars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds so fun & I know you all will do it...I love cinnamon candles too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like quite a trip and so unique and romantic. I didn’t even we had places like that in the US. It sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd be all over that! What gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete