Monday, December 7, 2009

A weekend to remember.

What an amazing weekend!

Friday night we headed to my parent’s house so we would be there bright and early on Saturday to kick off my mom’s special birthday festivities.

My parents were at a special dinner with some friends so Hubby and I enjoyed a night out on the town together with delicious wine and appetizers, including this AMAZING escargot.  So good that I had to get a picture of it.  Mmmmm.  Oh food, how I love you.

DSC04468

Saturday: My mom’s Surprise Six-“Tea” Party!

She was SO surprised.  Eleven of us gathered at an adorable English tea house where we welcomed my mom with huge smiles, big hugs, TONS of sweet goodies and an afternoon showering her with all of the birthday goodness she SO deserves.  What fun!  The menu included: several delicious tea flavors, gourmet tea sandwiches, fresh scones, petit fours, pastries and chocolate cake with raspberry ganache – we left SO FULL.  Full of tasty treats, stories, memories, laughter and LOVE. A room of people celebrating my mom and their love for her – it was truly such a SWEET experience.  My heart is full of precious memories!

 

DSC04476 Turning the corner and seeing ALL of us there waiting for her.

She was so surprised!  Here are a few pictures to share…

mom11 

mom3

 mom13

Sharing memories.

mom10

momsbday

     momsbday2

Four generations.  My grandma is 91 years old!

(My sister Delaney and my other niece are missing from this picture, but they were there in spirit.  We missed you guys!) 

And as if the weekend weren’t magical enough…

We had the season’s first snowfall!  Every year, like magic, it snows on my mom’s birthday.  It was BEAUTIFUL!

Tucker’s first snow! It was SO cute to watch him.

DSC04542

DSC04543

DSC04550

DSC04538

Sunday we did some Christmas shopping and then headed home to a frosted neighborhood.

DSC04568

Christmas is on its way!

What a WONDERFUL weekend.  I hope yours was full of sweet memories too!

Blessings/XOXO

20 comments:

  1. How fun! So glad that she had a great time! The tea sounds so nice!

    In that large picture of her in the center of the board you look so so much like her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Found it from a friend and I am a new follower! Cute idea for your mom!! And love the pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    It looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous first snow! and a great party for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like such a great time!! your grandmother looks like she is 60!!! great genes :) have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a PERFECT weekend! I know your mom is extremely blessed to have such wonderful daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! Love the pictures! The party looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serioulsy how cute are YOU!!?! Six "tea"- genius! I'm sure your Mama loved every second of it! Whose that other beautiful lady in the black at the table with ya'll!?! :) The friendship our Moms share is precious! How fun are 1st snow falls!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a 60th birthday!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. look at that snow!!! i love it!!! and your grandma does NOT look 91 at all!!!! omgosh go her!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four generations - wow! Looks like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that idea of a six-tea party! i might have to steal that when my mom turns 60 next year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures of Tucker in the snow. Glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word your mom is glowing and just beautiful. Seriously, is she 60 or 40? She is beautiful. What a special par-TEA. Awesome! Cute tucker in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful of everyone to surprise her like that :) So sweet! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE those snowy photos! I've always lived in Southern California, so that much snow is like a dream to me. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad you had such a great weekend! the pics are so cute!! your mom looks great and what a fun party idea! :)
    i am not a fan of snow and it's snowing in minnesota today, ick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look just like your mom when she was young!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful snow! Since I live in South Texas and we have never seen such a site, it's gorgeous to us!!

    ReplyDelete