Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Simple Li’l Post

Hi, sweet friends.

A short & sweet li’l post:

Our weekend was fabulous.  Friday night my Hubster whisked me away to a fabulous Mexican restaurant so I could get in my kick for the month (we are SERIOUSLY lacking in the Mexican food department in our area).  He knows how to melt my heart – wine and guacamole.  MMMMM.  Saturday we put up our Christmas lights outside (I know, FINALLY!) and I finished last minute details on our inside decorations – SO COZY, loving it.  After we were finished we took a drive to grab some hot chocolate and then came home and took Tucker for a walk.  Hot chocolate, Christmas lights, heavy coats, mittens and my little family – I was in heaven.  Tucker was too.  I think he was on sensory overload with all of the lights.  After that we went to a birthday shindig for the neighbors.  Sunday was church, lunch and BLIND SIDE!!!  AMAZINGGGGG!  Oh, and there has been some MAJOR baking action in our household; can’t wait to share details.  All in all, such a sweet and fun weekend.

(And something MAJORLY exciting happened over the weekend to someone SOooOOoooo special in my life!!!  But I’m waiting until I’m given the “ok” to make it public on here.  EEEEK!  It’s exciting!!)

Right now, as I type this, my precious Father-In-Love/Law is having a pretty major operation on his pancreas and gallbladder.  I’m kind of a nervous wreck and therefore am making this post short.  My mind is preoccupied with prayer and practicing patience (trying at least).  It’s a five hour operation.  Prayers would be awesome!  Eeeeek.  “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”  My heart is repeating this.

My mind is also in a constant mental planning/accepting/delegating mode as we’re in the midst of this whirlwind that is now our calendar.  So many holiday parties/dinners, so little time!  Isn’t it the best?  I’m loving it, but I would be lying if I didn’t say I’m also feeling it.  Whew!  I will post again this week and then take a hiatus.  I’m so excited to spend time with my sweet family and friends and enjoy all of the celebrations, dinners, parties and trips we have in store over the next two weeks.  Oh, and NYC to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!  How fun is that?!  Okay, more to come later.

Happy Tuesday, sweet friends.

Blessings/XOXO

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm Mexican food sounds so good right now.

    Fab weekend!!And I love the crazy holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet little weekend!! And can't wait to hear what this new "thing" is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoping your father-in-law's surgery goes wonderful...

    and I am such a lover of mexican food, its NOT EVEN FUNNY. Although, the past 4 months of this pregnancy would NOT allow me to eat it! crazy, huh?! So...i'm gonna try it out soon enough. it used to be a weekly thing ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mexican sounds so good, I've been craving it! Glad you had a great weekend!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's lunch time and mexi food sounds delicious!!
    sounds like a great weekend! :)
    looking forward to hearing your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying a special prayer for your FIL. I am so excited about hearing your news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm I so agree with the mexican food and wine! Praying for your FIL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet weekend! And the news about the special person in your life is SO exciting! It makes my heart so happy! Sounds like you have SO many fun things going on for the holidays- it really is such a special time of year. And how funny that our family is going to NYC and we're seeing Mary Poppins too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous weekend! Mexican food and Christmas lights are a great combo. You're going to have so much fun in NYC! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mexican food is my favorite. love me some Guacamole. Saying a prayer for your FIL. Enjoy Mary Poppins..how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend!! Def. praying for your FIL. Also, make sure to check out my site- I linked you to an award :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that sounded like a great weekend! Yummmmy! Now I'm craving Mexican again=)! Saying a prayer for your FIL! and I can't wait to hear the fun news! =) Hope you're having a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly how you feel about your whirlwind calendar business! This time of year is crazy, I don't think we can fit one more thing into our schedule before Christmas... it is packed! But it's AWESOME! I love this time of year :) 8 Days!

    ReplyDelete