Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It’s here! It’s here!

Christmas week is upon us!  YAYYYYYY!  I had every intention of posting pictures of our Christmas decorations and it completely slipped my mind to capture the photos BEFORE today, since I won’t be posting again until next week!  Whoops!  Will you still want to see pics AFTER Christmas?  Haha.

Ummmm, can we please talk about SNOW for a second?  HOLY COW!  We had SO.MUCH.SNOW over the weekend.  It was the most magical thing to watch as it came down.  And it didn’t stop!  We had about two feet when all was said and done.  We also had three different Christmas parties over the weekend and somehow still managed to make it to every single one!  I’m in love with our trusty Pilot, she is a rock in the snow!  A few pics to share…

My love bugs all together again!

applebread Playing in the snow!A6b

A certain furry baby of ours LOVESSSS it.

 a4

I woke up and came downstairs to Hubsy shoveling.  He looked so hardcore and sooo cute.  HAD to take a picture.a3

At our friends’ Snow Party.  Dig my bunny fleece?DSC04651 

We found a 10th reindeer for Santa.

DSC04640

We made peppermint bark!  The amazingly wonderful and talented Jenny over at Lucky in Love posted a FABULOUS recipe for it that I couldn’t wait to try.  It’s SO easy and SOoOoooo DELISH!  If you want the recipe, check it out here.

DSC04582

DSC04587 

What a full and fun weekend!  What do we have going on the rest of the week?  Glad you asked!  :o)

A slumber party with my BILs, an engagement party for my sister, CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY!  NYC to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!  CAN’T WAIT to snap tons of pics of beautiful NYC at Christmas.  AND, for the first time ever, we will be spending Christmas day with my WHOLE entire family AND my husband’s family!  My mom wanted to include them in the festivities as well.  The total count for Christmas dinner?  15!  My presh FIL is still in the hospital recovering from his surgery, but things are looking SO good and we are so hopeful that his body will be healed SOON!

Honestly, my heart can’t stop smiling.  I am so blessed and have SO much to be joyful about right now.  I am so excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ this week, and I feel so blessed to have the gifts of my sweet husband and family to celebrate it with.  As we finish off the year with these last few days in December, I hope each and every one of you has a blessed and joyful time celebrating and enjoying it.  Thank you for taking time out to catch li’l glimpses into the life God has given me.  It’s humbling to think anyone would be interested in us.  I am thankful for you!

Have an amazing and BLESSED Christmas!

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government will be on His shoulders.  And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” – Isaiah 9:6 

LOTS of Blessings/XOXO

14 comments:

  1. That peppermint bark looks awesome!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out sweet pea! Glad everything turned out well for you :) And look at all of that snow!!

    Wishing you lots of love and happiness this week with all of your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw such fun pictures! You and your hubs are SO cute together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of the snow...unfortunately I don't think we're going to have a white Christmas. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family!! Merry Christmas to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow girl I can't believe you had time to post with everything going on. Your puppy is so cute and so is your family. Enjoy your Christmas with Family.
    Merry Christmas my friend!
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment! And have a blast in NYC this weekend...I will be down in MD for the holiday. Please email me if you need any suggestions of where to go...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peppermint bark! Please send me the recipe! xoxo! Can't believe you had sooo much snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics! Have such a special and Merry Christmas! How fun that your whole family and your hubby's fam get to celebrate together! I will be thinking of you when we are in NYC seeing Mary Poppins too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok- 1. Love the 10th raindeer! Ha
    2. You are too cute!
    3. Hey send some snow to Texas. Thank you.
    4. Thanks for the well wishes!!
    5. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
    6. That's all I got :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious post!! You always seem to make me smile - your "l'il" life always seems so full of blessings and happiness. Wish you the merriest of Christmasses spent with those you love most! And I loved the 10th reindeer pic - what would we do without our furry babies? Joy to the world - our Savior is Born! That about sums it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to catch up on your blog! Tucker has gotten so big! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to make peppermint bark. I shell out way too much at Williams Sonoma for it. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Merry Christmas!! Love a white Christmas

    ReplyDelete