Friday, December 4, 2009

My Mother, My Best Friend

Tomorrow is such a special day, I am so excited. It honestly brings me to tears when I think about how incredible my mom is and what an inspiration she has been to me in my life.  Tomorrow is her 60th birthday. I can only pray that I am as radiantly beautiful as she is, inside and out, when I turn 60.  We have so many surprises planned for her - I can’t wait to finally share them with you (next week!).  For today, I want to share with the virtual world just how blessed I am to have this woman in my life.  Not only is she my mom, but she is truly one of the best friends I have ever had.  My heart has been overflowing with sweet memories these past several weeks as we have been preparing for her special day.  Two in particular make my heart swell with happiness.  One morning my mom woke me up and informed me that instead of going to school, we were going on a mother-daughter adventure.  We went to a park and set up canvases and trays of oil paint.  I felt like a mini Monet as we let our imaginations run wild, painting silhouettes of trees and brushing our versions of the hot, TX sky. That day I learned just how spectacular of an artist my mom really is.  We proceeded to have a bubble gum blowing contest and then lunch together.  It was magical.  The summer after I graduated from high school we took a special trip, just the two of us. We drove along the East Coast and made our way up to Maine, stopping at every single spot we deemed worthy of our presence.  That is one of the BEST ways to travel.  No agenda, no expectations.  We saw The Old Man of the Mountain before it collapsed only a few months later.  We stayed up all night in sleeping bags watching the Perseid shower and counted over 100 shooting stars together.  Oh my goodness, the memories and laughter we’ve shared goes on forever.  I am so excited to hopefully some day share the same joys and adventures with my own little ones.  My prayer is that I will mirror the portrait of the Proverbs 31 woman – a loving, Godly mother, wife and daughter of our King.  Mom, thank you for showing me what that truly means. Your joy is contagious.  Your passion for life is inspiring.  You are, quite simply, nothing short of AMAZING. 

I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me a love so profound.  You are truly one of the greatest gifts God has given me.  I am SO blessed to be your daughter.  I love you to heaven and back, times a billion and one (and more).

LOVE.

Annabelle

mom3

Seriously, I do NOT think my mom looks like she is turning 60!

a1

a2

A1b

See the babe in gold?  BEAUTIFUL.

Happy 60th Birthday, Mommykins!

Blessings/XOXO

15 comments:

  1. What a special, special post for your lovely mother! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I cant wait to have those experiences with my daughter. Your mom is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! I can't wait to hear all the surprises next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I feel the same about my mom, she is such an amazing person :) I'm glad you get to share her big day with her, I always wish I could be there for my mom's birthdays as well. And I can't believe she is turning 60, she is a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom is beautiful and NO she dose not look 60 at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom looks amazing for 60! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a great memories with your mom! She sounds like such a great lady. Have fun celebrating her birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I look as amazing as your mom does when I turn 60. Such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - such a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing those great memories - how special!! You and your mom are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet tribute for your mom!! I loved hearing about the road trip. I hope I do something like that with my (future) kids, too! :)

    P.S Are you sure you did your math right? Your mom does not look 60!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No kidding she could be your sister. Wow she is gorgeous. What a wonderful daughter you are honoring her in that way on your blog too. Happy 60th Birthday Sweet Mom to Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously think your mother should check her birth certificate, there is no WAY she is turning 60! She is beautiful and you most definitely look like her. Thank you for sharing that beautiful post about what she means to you. So sweet. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww... I LOVE this post! Your mom truly is incredible! She is radiant inside and out. You take after her sweet girl. :)I know a little something you have planned... and its PRECIOUS... how blessed is your mom to have amazing daughters who want to fill her special day with amazing surprises! AND I must add that I love the memories you shared... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mom is gorgeous!! Happy birthday (belated) to her! Such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete