Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Perfect.

Happy Tuesdsay! Ahh ladies, it truly was the most perfect weekend!! And the "special taxi" was more amazing than anything I could have ever imagined. The whole weekend was a whirlwind full of surprises and LOVE. Here's what happened! Friday morning started off with breakfast and a massage (SO AMAZING!!) followed by lunch with my parents. It meant so much to me that they still made the trek up to come see me for the afternoon, even though we already celebrated the weekend before. They never cease to amaze me! After lunch I relaxed and started to slowly get ready for the evening. I was so anxious about what was going to happen! My stomach was full of butterflies as I nervously waited for everything to unfold. When the doorbell rang at the exact time my "special taxi" was to arrive, I jumped up and ran to the door...standing there before me were two of my bestest friends from college - I was speechless - my husband had them come in from out of town and surprise me!!! Walking in behind them was my sweet hubster, holding a bottle of wine and telling us to sit, chat and have a glass while he got some things ready. That's why he was gone until then, he had to go pick them up! Sneaky. Shortly after, he whisked us away (sexiest taxi drive I've ever had!! haha) to the most amazing Italian restaurant where he wined and dined us. He even visited the restaurant earlier in the week to make sure he thought it would be a place I would love. Now THAT is some serious planning! After that, we went to my favorite spot for cocktails and when we got there, all of our neighbors were there waiting as a surprise. The night was SO perfect and an absolute BLAST!! On Saturday, we relaxed, went to see a movie and then went to dinner and back home for movies and presents. I couldn't believe the amount of time and work he put into the whole weekend. I am so blessed, and so happy, and feel incredibly special for the amount of love I received on my special day. And it truly was, perfect. Thanks again for all of your sweet comments and sharing in the suspense with me! This picture is of my amazing lovies, C and K, who came all the way to be with me and celebrate. I LOVE YA'LL SO MUCH!! Gosh, friends are THE BEST!!! And so are husbands!!



Okay, more than enough about me. I hope every one else had an amazing weekend too!! Did you do anything fun or relaxing? How is your week starting off? Work here is still pretty busy, but hopefully will calm down soon. Have an amazing start to your week!


Blessings,

18 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! what a dream! Sounds like a wondeful weekend and I'm so glad you were able to share it with everyone that you love! So, so special!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely amazing!! You have such a wonderful husband to do all of these great things for you! What a sneaky planner he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww what a sweet husband and what great friends!! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! It sounds like you had such a wonderful weekend! What a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great surprise! I think your husband could teach mine a thing or two! Glad you had a fun time!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh! Such a great husband! How sweet of your friends to come in town to surprise you! Cute picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was VERY thoughtful of him! I am so happy you had such an amazing wkend with your family, your bestest friends and hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend!! That's a good guy you've got there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekend sounds like perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy weekend - we started ripping wallpaper off our bathroom walls and blah blah blah. Hopefully we'll get to paint it later this week, but the week started off with us both being sickly and less than energetic.

    Hopefully all things will improve in time for the full weekend we have planned!

    Sounds like your birthday was amazing - don't you just LOVE husbands?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet!!! Glad it was so special for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your husband gets big points for planning such a fun celebration! Glad you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like he planned everything out perfectly! What a great hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you have an amazing husband! Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh..sigh...I'm so happy for you and your memorable weekend. You all look *AMAZING* I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what an incredible weekend! Amazing job Hubby! What a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness - that is so sweet & creative! you girls are gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete