Monday, March 23, 2009

Mouth Watering Favorites

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I am sooo happy with this weather we're having! Warmer weather gets me in the mood for all sorts of fun and summery fruits. I just bought a fresh mango and am sitting at my desk eating it and typing this. So yummy!

In this post, I am going to brag a little bit about my mom and an amazing meal she prepared. We had a great weekend! We went to my parent's house on Saturday evening for a pre-celebration. My mom is an amazing cook, and every year for our birthdays she cooks a meal of any and everything we are dieing to have, all of our favorites! Not just one or two, but ALL of our favorites. Her cooking is beyond amazing and I, of course, had to take pictures of the beauties. The pictures below are of my favorite foods - the ones that make my mouth water and the ones I am willing to work out at the gym for fifty hours just to make sure I can still have them. My mom is so incredible and I am so thankful for her generous heart. Thank you for spoiling me!
Here's what we had...

You may think I'm crazy, but I am obsessed with steamed artichokes. AMAZING!
And, of course, macaroni and cheese! This year we used whole wheat pasta and it was devine.
Insalata Caprese!! Mmmm.

Steamed crab legs!!

For dessert, funfetti cake with fresh strawberry icing. Perfect. I love funfetti cake so much that I thought of having it for our wedding cake! We didn't. :o)

I feel a little funny broadcasting about birthday stuff, but I'm also excited about it and wanted to share the pictures from the amazing meal we had. I am incredibly thankful to my parents for making each year's birthday as special as the last, no matter how old we get. I am one blessed lady!! This Friday will be my 25th and I am truly excited about this age. I am even more excited to spend it with my amazing and precious husband. I would have never guessed that on the day that marks the first 25 years of my life I would be celebrating with the most amazing man in the world. It feels so good to be so blessed!

Happy Monday!! Oooohh, I have to tell you about our MAJOR magazine fiasco that is happening. I'll post about it 2morrow or Wednesday. :o)

Have a great day!

33 comments:

  1. Your meal looks fabulous!! I love funfetti cake too :)

    How nice it is to have such a great mom to do that for you every year. I'm taking note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that food looks amazing! I could eat steamed artichokes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks sooo good! Now I am starving! :-)
    What a great birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that mac and cheese looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers!!! That all looks so delish! I love love love funfetti...and strawberry icing...i remember a special birthday when YOu made me that!yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Husby and I had steamed artichokes on Sunday. We love dipping them in hollandaise sauce. Everything else looks divine too. I think it's time for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Wow, what a yummy meal! How about sending some of that scrumptious Insalata Caprese over my way! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks really yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whole Wheat pasta for the mac & Cheese! What a great idea!!! ANd my mom and I LOOOOOVE INsalata Caprese! I could eat that for every meal :)Hope all your birthday wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy early birthday!!! That looks like such a yummy feast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good! I am now officially starving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Umm, I kind of hate you for posting my two FAVORITE foods EVER: artichokes and mac n' cheese. Holy crap I'm so hungry right now.

    And I don't really hate you. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, WOW! Your mom is pretty impressive. Everything looks great! And now I can't wait to hear about the magazine fiasco. Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whole wheat mac and cheese? You are one smart cookie! I'm going to try that on my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! I love artichokes!

    Happy Birthday! I hope you have a very wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!! all of that food looks amazing! Yummy! So glad you got your ring...my heart sopped when reading that post! We have ALL done it but it is so scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WoW! What an amazing spread, you must have an awesome mom!!! Happy Birthday =)

    P.S. 25 was my favorite year

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy!! The food looks great! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't made caprese salad in forever. I definitely need to add that back into the menu.

    Happy Birthday!! I'll be celebrating the same mark in July!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had some pretty good food :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday!! What an amazing birthday meal! And what a fun tradition, my family on my Dad's side does the same thing for b-days! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum, that is my kind of food! It all looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I left an award for you on my blog! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks! I actually designed my header myself, so your comment means more than you know.

    My 25th b-day is actually this Wednesday, so Happy Birthday to my fellow Aries! The food looks fabulous ;)Can't wait to go home and have my mom spoil me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh that looks so good! I love Mac 'n Cheese and Caprese.

    You have a good mom :)

    Oh, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an awesome birthday dinner. That Cake looks delish too! Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy! Wow...big J here! That cake looks sooo good!
    You do have an amazing mom..need a sister? Or two?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy early birthday! Your birthday dinner looks amazing! What a sweet and talented mom!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just had to stop by for more of that salad! I left you a little award over on my blog! You can come pick it up whenever you want to! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love funfetti too! And we DID have it for our wedding cake! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. haha! yes, I PRAY this was just a dream, but if it comes true,(which it would be by an act of God, you can just call me the born again virgin Mary) I want my baby to look like he did in my dream :) You're welcome for your award!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I looove funfetti cake - my favorite!

    And happy birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete