Monday, March 16, 2009

Ode to green

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I certainly had a fun time and will have to post some pictures later when I have my camera cord. My sister and niece came and stayed with me while my hubs was on a busines trip until Saturday. And yesterday my hubs, sister, sister's bf and I went to the Sixers game and sat courtside! It was AMAZING!! Unfortunately, I have been feeling so tired and exhausted lately. I want it to go away! Last night I crashed as soon as we got back from the game, around 8:30, and still had a hard time getting up this morning. My body keeps telling me to SLEEP, and I am, but it doesn't seem to be enough right now! Grrr. It's frustrating. Okay, enough complaining. :o)



Tomorrow is St. Patty's day! Are you doing anything special? Every year I am flooded with memories of St. Patty's day back in college. It was a HUGE day of celebration and always SO much fun. It's a little different now, here in the post-grad world, having a job to wake up early for the next morning. Yet, quite honestly, I still wouldn't trade it for anything. I am definitely counting my blessings!



My mind is heavily thinking about spring wardrobes right now, and in honor of St. Patty's day I decided to do an ode to green. All of the following are from a store near and dear to my heart: Nordstrom. I loveeee myself some Nordstroms. Especially their Savvy department. I drool every time I walk by it. I actually don't own a ton of green apprel, but I should! It's such a great color. Here's my little ode to shades of green! The first four are my absolute fave. Ohhhh if only!





Karen Kane Ruffle Halter - $98

Tory Burch Ella Patent Trim Canvas Tote - $225





Juicy Couture Enamel Icons Bangle - $48



Tarnish Romantic Vest - $78









Tory Burch Astor Moccasin - $475





Velvet Torch Maxi Sundress - $58







Juicy Couture Wish Necklace - $48



Kate Spade Sullivan St. Melita Vertical Tote - $595





Sam Edelman Lanna Flat - $99.95





Juicy Couture Key & Shell Satchel - $350





Happy St. Patty's day eve!









PS. What is your favorite color to wear?



26 comments:

  1. I love your Ode To Green post, super cute!!! Can't wait to see pics from your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, I tink you are my new shopping advisor!! I am obsessed with green and you have picked some fabulous items here! :() I am totally with you on the exhausted thing as well - can't sleep enough adn drop off at 8pm! I think it's the time of year - we all need some serious sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we just take moment and reflect upon how much i LOVE Tory Burch and Sam Edelman? I must have 4 of 5 pairs of his ballet flats. And Tory? I love me some of those driving mocs! ::Sigh:: Must. Shop. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Unfortunately, I will have to admire these items from afar, but admire them I will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your blog is adorable! I really like your cute poem! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PINK!!! Thats my favorite color to wear!! Or black is always clasic! Lovin that green though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wear alll colours, but there has to be an element of pink or red, never together though!

    But I just realised I am so out of green, I have NO green things in my wardrobe. Note to self: Must buy green stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post! I love the green theme for St. Patty's day! My favorite is that sundress- SO cute! Hope you get some more of that much-needed sleep and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, I am thinking I need to get a cute long sun dress for this summer! Just discovered your adorable blog. It's great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh... i love that green romantic vest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! I actually bought the maxi sundress, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that Kate Spade bag. Nice. I am so boring...my favorite color to wear is black. I know...poo poo.
    Love that sundress too. Might snatch me one of those. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first shirt and the necklace!! I am in love with yellow right now. Colors in general are just awesome, especially when I get caught up in wearing black and grey to work all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lately I've been loving PURPLE. It might have something to do with the fact that I picked purple for my bridesmaids' dresses...but it also looks pretty dang good on ME, if I do say so. :-P Wish I could afford a shopping splurge! I would totally get some green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute blog and cute stuff!

    I love green, but I actually have been wearing a lot of variations of blue lately, which is actually pretty unlike me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute post!

    My favorite color is green, so I happen to have a ton in my wardrobe! I have blonde hair and brown eyes, so it compliments me well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your blog, your such a classy woman and It shows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I am super excited for the J.Crew sample sale I'm going to this morning. I'm channeling blue skies, yellow suns and green grass this spring with my wardrobe colors with white/nude accents. Sigh. Time to shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute post! Great picks! We can look right, haha?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the post on "Green," fashion! and I love your profile picture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! I appreciate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute blog! I left you a little something on mine. Check it out when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl, I might have just found my dream site!!! I LOVE this color green and it actually looks good on me AND it is a color that I have to wear for work so i am always looking for great stuff...I snatched up the cute green loafers with a gold buckle but mine were the Marshalls version!!!!
    Hope you had a great day! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Tory moccasins are my favorite. Although I love the necklace too. Great picks!

    Thanks for visiting my blog by the way. I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've seen a lot of people carrying the Tory Burch totes lately! I also am loving the mint green color right now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are some awesome green pics. Love that halter!

    ReplyDelete