Friday, January 30, 2009

Gametime Salsa!


Miche, this one's in your honor! Okay, honestly, it is crazy how EASY this recipe is and it's crazy how many people ask for it. It really is so good! Again, I take NO credit for it. One of my bffs in college was from State College, where Penn State is located. So we would go over to her parent's house and have home cooked meals every once in a while. Her mom always had the best recipes. Here is her super easy salsa! I hope you can make it and try it!

Ingredients:
1 jar of store bought salsa
(I have several times just pulled out whatever I have in the fridge)
1 chopped red onion
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 sm bag of frozen corn
fresh cilantro
'lil bit of lime juice
& sometimes I chop up fresh garlic & throw it in

Mix everything 2gether! One thing to note - leave the corn frozen. This actually helps keep the salsa chilled and ready to serve, even if it's a new jar that has been in the pantry. You probably won't use the whole bag, considering how much salsa you are making, try it and see if it needs more! I use a lot of Cilantro, but again, we love it. SO EASY! And yummy. Special thanks to Katie's mama for hosting us through college and feeding us!

I'm always about simple. I love, love LOVE Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade show and recipes. Who has time to slave in the kitchen?! Not me! In case you need some other quick dip ideas, here ya go!

~ Sour Cream & Onion dip - I know this one is pretty much known about everywhere, but it's still funny how popular it is and how GOOD it is. Buy dry Onion Soup Mix (I use Lipton) and mix the package w/a 16oz container of sour cream. EASY! The guys love it.

~ Pick up a bottle of raspberry chipotle sauce and pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve with club crackers. Can't get easier than that!

Phew, my next post should probably be about exercising. Ha! HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!!

Does anyone actually watch the game or just the COMMERCIALS? I think the commercials are their way to get us ladies involved! We'll have to reconvene on Monday and share our faves. :o)

XOXO,

11 comments:

  1. I totally love the commericals!!! And all the yummy food!

    Thanks for the recipe! And girl if I knew the recipe for the pasta I made I would sooo give it to you but I kinda made it up/got ideas from the back of a pasta box! I just used allt he ingredients I mentioned to my liking. Sorry so vague!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The raspberry chipotle sauce with cream cheese is a staple at our football gatherings...we've also done it with jalepeno jelly. Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I feel like a complete idiot in the kitchen, I think I'll start with this one....it looks easy..and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to watch Giadda on her show...I forget the name of it....Italian something....

    great post! I am so out of the loop on sports, but I do LOVE the commercials! who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas and I needed some for mine.
    Hope you have a great game day party.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're party is gonna ROCK!! How can you miss with those divine recipes!!! Good Luck:)

    p.s. can you email me whenever you get a chance on prices for your precious blog design? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!! GUILTY of commercials. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! The black beans are a nifty addition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made your "Super Salsa" (that's what i'm calling it) and it was a huge hit at my Super Bowl party! Thanks for sharing the goodS! xoxo...I just bought avocados too, so may try the guac for myself, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog!! I'm big into cooking so keep the recipes coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems yummy - I'll have to try it one time.

    ReplyDelete