Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interrupting our normally scheduled program for the Honesty Scrap!


Yay! Thank you to lovely Ashley for tagging me.

Here's how it goes:

#1: Choose a minimum of 7 (or perhaps 5, see below) spectacular blogs that you can't live without and pass this goodie on to them
#2: Post the "chosen ones" on your blog in link form AND
#3: List 10 honest things about yourself


So, without further 'ado...
1. Starting off with a bang here – I went to clown school when I was seven. It was a two-week summer course where we learned how to put on our own clown makeup, make balloon animals, do magic tricks, etc. I spent a small amount of my childhood aspiring to be a clown named Bubblegum. This is entirely true and my husband gets a huge kick out of it. Ha! Okay, moving on…

2. I could get lost in a cardboard box. I have NO sense of direction and really the only reason I make it home every night is because I hit the “Go Home” button on my GPS. LOVE that thing!

3. I’m obsessed with macaroni & cheese and can count on two hands the number of times I’ve had a whole box in one sitting, all by myself. That’s just bad.

4. I moved my stuff into our first apt the week before our wedding and hid half of my shoes under the bed and in a bag in the guest bedroom closet. I didn’t want Robbie to really know how many I had because I thought he would think I was nuts. He has since then found out and still loves me.

5. I was sent to the principal’s office and received detention in the 6th grade for this trick we used to do: you take a pencil and rub the lead around the outside of a quarter and then give it to someone and tell them to rub the quarter up and down their nose really fast and they’ll start smelling chocolate. They end up with a huge pencil stripe down their nose. Funny stuff. Detention for THAT? Come on!

6. When I was six I stole sunglass lenses from a grocery store. There was a bucket of plastic sunglasses and a lot of the lenses had fallen out. I have no idea what I thought I was going to do with the lenses, but I thought they were cool and took them. My mom found them when we got home and I lied about where they came from – she knew better. We drove all the way back to the store and I had to admit my crime to the GM and apologize.

7. I have a plant that I always forget to water. I freak out a little bit that it means I won’t be a very good mother. But it’s a plant! I mean, really.

8. I spent a good year of my life as a child convinced that I had TMJ/lockjaw. It was right after I got my tetanus shot which my dad explained to me was so if I stepped on a rusty nail I wouldn’t get this thing called lockjaw, etc. Well I stepped on a rake in the yard and knew that was the end of it. I would constantly run to my mom terrified saying that I couldn’t open my mouth - she of course would then point out that if I was speaking to her then obviously my mouth was working fine. She’s a smart woman, my mother.

9. I think Chicago is one of the most amazing cities in the world. It’s beautiful, clean, full of young adults and yes, it’s bitter in the winter, but ‘Chicago in the Spring’ more than makes up for it. I lived there after college and would have stayed forever if my honey-husband hadn’t whisked me off my feet earlier and convinced me to come back.

10. I am hooked on the show, The Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Okay, so apparently this honest scrap has been floating around a bit because everyone I wanted to tag has already done it recently! I've been on this blog for a week now (1 week anniversary is today, woo hoo!) so this was quite hard to pick. I'm cheating and only picking 5. :o) Hope you'll forgive me!

Michelle ~ The Ardent Adventurer

Jennifer ~ The Pink Chick

Jill ~ Darby Love

Anna ~ Sassy and Classy Southern Mrs.

Tabitha ~ Just Tabitha

XOXO,

8 comments:

  1. Haha!! Clown school? Hilarious! And, I am so glad that we were both thieves as children. It makes me happy knowing that it wasn't just me!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! It was fun learning more about you!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you thank you! This looks like so much fun! Your story in #8 cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have given you detention for that! I thought it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Now I know the quarter trick so you can't prank me! Thanks for the shout out on your blog! You're the BEST! I promise it only has even greater things in store! Love this and am going to do it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, i love your blog! and i am ashamed to admit that i, too, am ADDICTED to The Secret Life of the American Teenager! (although, i TOTALLY think last season was so much better than this one.. ) I'm not ready to give up on Ben and Amy yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, if you wanna make it five, tag me! I'll totally do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the list!! WOW you are interesting. I heart mac n cheese too. But clown school????? I want something like that to blog about dammit!!

    ReplyDelete