Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My own little wonderland.

Welcome to my little wonderland, my little world of pink! I am so excited to get this thing going. I have so many passions in life and most of them fall under the creative category. I adore anything whimsical and fun. By my own definition, these are the things that tickle my senses and fuel my hungry imagination. I enjoy and can never get enough of all things creative, domestic and fashionable. One of the best things I ever did was meet the man of my dreams, get married, and become his wife. I LOVE IT! And I love what comes with it. I love finding every opportunity imaginable to throw a get-together. I love taking time out to make a yummy treat for a friend or the neighbors. I love hunting for that perfect accent piece to “complete” my decorative ensemble. I put “complete” in quotations because in reality, I hope it is never complete! I love searching! And, of course, I love love LOVE anything that has to do with shoes. You will find them on every charm bracelet I own, in the books on my coffee table, in my closet, under my bed and always in my head. Shoes are like a hobby to me. My husband plays golf and waterpolo – I buy shoes. Like every hobby, this one too requires love, time and attention.

Before I dive in, I feel I need to almost add a disclaimer. I am a terrible writer! I am excellent at writing poems and tales of nonsense, but it when comes down to the meaty grammatical stuff, I am a complete owner of the run-on sentence AND too often make up my own words and sayings. My family and husband actually have a name for this: Anna-isms. I blame my brain, because it runs too quickly for my mouth and fingers to keep up with. Please just keep this in mind. The virtual world can be scary. Especially if the virtual world is a pool of English teachers.


Okay, my pink reading friends, here we go! The remainder of this week will be a little hodgepodge of things I find fun and that tickle me pink. Ha! I wonder how many times I’ll use that expression. And next week, ooooh how I’m excited for next week – it’s time to get ready for SUPER BOWL PARTIES!!! Which means we get to dig out the best dip recipes, the best appetizers for a hungry crowd and the best personal touches for the football-crazy party-goers. It’s ‘gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment