Monday, January 26, 2009

Shoes & Greek Yogurt. Both are yummy.

I loveee shoes. There are a slew of designer shoes out there that I adore and will take a little detour at the mall to stop and admire. These are not the shoes that occupy my closet - oh how I wish they were. But they are oh-so-pretty and tickle-me-pink every time I look at them. I look at it like this: these little designer beauties are the queens of stiletto-land, and it is my duty to search every kingdom for the perfect, most suitable match at more than half the cost. A challenge indeed! But one that is quite necessary to save our bank account. Anyways, sometimes I find some really great look-alikes and sometimes they are mediocre. Regardless, I will start sharing them with you!



Christian Louboutin Platform Mary Jane Slingbacks - $895.00


Promiscuous line featured on Zappos, design is called "Sweetie" - On Sale for $61.95


Next up is my new breakfast FAVE. Here is the background story: I have been searching for a healthy, quick breakfast idea that is suitable for my need to eat on the run a lot. I am NOT a morning person. AT ALL. So something that can be made ahead of time and easily grabbed on the way out, is key. I love yogurt but hate all of the sugar that is added. On our way to church Sunday we stopped at Starbucks so I could get a peppermint tea (I am on a huge kick right now) and while we were there I asked for a yogurt parfait. The woman said they only had a "Greek" one left, which was fine with me, so we paid and were on our way. Oh my goodness. DELISH! This I have known - Greek yogurt has double the protein and 1/2 the sugar and sodium of regular yogurt, but it still never occured to me to incorporate this in a healthy alternative for a breakfast meal. It's thicker than normal yogurt and the consistency is quite pleasant. Sooo, I went to the store and bought the ingredients and made it. And it was again, DELISH! I'm not on my personal computer so this won't be on a fancy recipe card. :o)


Stir together oats, coconut, wheat germ and sesame seeds (really, put in it what ever you want..pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, etc.), stir in a little maple syrup if you want and then bake it at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. The night before, have your Greek yogurt on hand (which can be bought at any health food store plus most of the regular g-stores, ask your grocer what they have), and then the next morning pour in some honey, the yogurt and your granola and GO! I ate mine in the car today. :o)

6 comments:

  1. oh and apparently I cannot type (see above). I meant *your recipes*.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am in love with shoes and wish I could buy a pair each day! I want those shoes above in every color available; wouldn't that be heaven?

    I love you recipes! I am anxious to find the time to make that delish french toast! YUM...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are gorgeous!!!

    I love your recipes, I need to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a shoeaholic but.. I collect patterned rubber galoshes! It's very rainy here so a must:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! thanks for swinging by my blog!
    p.s. i'm in LOVE with those christian louboutins!!

    ReplyDelete