Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mmmm. I'm obsessed.

I absolutely love hosting. I love having the opportunity to welcome people into our home. I always strive to make our home warm, inviting and fun. Hopefully the company we have over thinks I'm succesful! There are a few things I have picked up from my amazing mom, mother-in-law and friends that I always make sure to have on hand or do before my guests arrive. And because my husband and I tend to host on a whim, I try to make sure these things are always covered, just in case. I want to share these things with you! For today, it's all about the aroma.


If you aren't familiar with him yet, I would like to introduce you to Henri Bendel. One of my dearest friends, Christine, gave me one of his candles that she bought from his NYC boutique over a year ago. It smelled so good without even lighting it, that I was scared to burn it. And it sat on my nightstand for a good month. And when I finally gave in...OH. MY. GOODNESS. our home has never been the same. And truthfully, there is not ONE candle of Henri Bendel's that doesn't smell amazing. A few of my all time favorites are Amber, Fig, Vanilla Woods, Pomegranate and FIREWOOD! Yes, there is a scent called firewood and it is heavenly. It smells like the most amazing men's cologne you have ever smelled before. When my husband has his friends over to watch football or do anything manly, this one is always out and burning. Ladies, I am telling you, these candles are amazing. And here's the best part...they are now selling Bendel's candles at Bath and Body Works! And they go on sale, A LOT. And it's during these types of sales that I get myself into the most trouble. But really, you can never have too many candles. I always have a candle in each bathroom and bedroom, one in the family room, one in the kitchen and one in the foyer for when you walk into the door. I will even light ALL of them at the same time. Because these candles don't hurt your nostrils or give you a headache, my husband doesn't mind them at all. They have more scents than the ones shown above. Take a look at his website to see the collection - and don't be scared by the price there ($30.00), because at B&BW they are $26.00 and remember: they go on sale a lot! Tomorrow, it's all about the "bathroom basket" - a necessity in my opinion when hosting. :o)


XOXO,

3 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry! I accidentally deleted this post after the first time around and it therefore deleted the amazing comments people left. So sad. :o( Thank you to those who commented! And if you're new, by all means, comment away! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is supppper adorable! love your shoe signature! : ) I too love to host... its so much fun!

    ps those candles are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these too...my fave is Vanilla Bean!

    I posted about them once too:)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog..

    ReplyDelete