Thursday, January 22, 2009

Newlywed with a bathroom basket.


I am a little long winded in this post. Just want you to know.


First of all, I would like to point out that this is my THIRD post today. I need to pause here for emphasis - BIG DEAL! Also a little obsessive. But, those who followed my previous personal blog (all three of you) know that three blog posts in one day is unheard of. That’s how motivated I am!! I’m fired up! I can also say this won't be happening again. Ha.


Now, before I get into my bathroom basket bit (which isn’t supposed to be talked about until tomorrow, but I just watched Grey’s Anatomy and am feeling inspired - by the way, the image above has nothing to do with this post except for this very comment about watching one of the greatest shows on earth, it's just that everyone knows no one reads a blog without pictures), I would like to throw something out there that has been prevalent on my mind lately. Just when, exactly, is “newly-wed” status over? My hubs knows about this little blog endeavor of mine and was asking me about it tonight at dinner. I said it was oh-so-fab and proceeded to say that part of me feels a little funny writing about the things that, yes I am passionate about, but at the same time am so NEW at. We then went into a discussion about whether or not we are still considered newlyweds. In case you are wondering what we came up with: WE ARE DEFINITELY NEWLYWEDS. But we have been married over a year! September 29, 2007 to be exact. And I know some people consider us past the newlywed stage. Here is my point: if Nick and Jessica went into a SECOND season of NEWLYWEDS, then I think up until year 2 it is quite okay to call yourself a “newlywed” - although, we all know how that ended! Not really a life or death topic, but I find it comforting to know that we are still, in fact, newlyweds. BUT, with that being said, I know the most important thing is how we feel. And, while trying desperately to not sound inappropriate, I still feel like a newlywed! I honestly believe that 25 years from now, I will look at my groom and still feel the same feelings I do now, in our “newlywed” state.

Okay, moving on...



Ladies (and gents - don’t mean to discriminate!), did you have a “bathroom basket” at your wedding? Even if you didn’t, I’m sure you considered it or know what I’m talking about. A basket full of the “necessities” one tends to need in the bathroom (there is even a whole company dedicated to bathroom baskets for weddings!). One of my fave hosting tips shared with me that I want to share with you, is to bring it to your home! If this is nothing new to you, then forgive me, but this is just one of those things I deem brilliant! The pic above is the one I have in our guest-bathroom. Even if people don’t admit to it being a life saver, I see just how many things are “missing” after each guests leaves. I like to think that the things I provide always are, indeed, “necessities” that save the day. Over the past year I have done a LOT of traveling. I have been extremely blessed to have traveled to some amazing hotels and exotic locations with my previous job. I would, without fail, at every single hotel, COURTEOUSLY bring home the shampoos/conditioners/lotions/mouthwashes that were provided for me at my sink every morning. I have a whole bag full under my guest-bathroom sink to re-stock with. It does sound a little funny now that I am admitting this, BUT, moving along - I always lay these things out in my basket and add new toothbrushes, men and women’s razors, q-tips, different hair products, emery boards, etc. It’s such a success! Now, I talk a LOT about my mother. When you have a mom like mine, she is talked about a lot because she is SO AMAZING. But this idea came from another amazing woman, my husband’s mom. My mother-in-law brought up three sons, God bless her. And when she had the opportunity to have an amazing (ahem) woman in the house, she would leave out a basket in the guest-bathroom full of the afore mentioned things. I’m not sure if it’s something she just always dreamt of doing, considering there wasn’t much expectation for cleanliness when she always hosted and raised boys, but in any event, it stuck with me and I have made it a point to do the same ever since I’ve had my own home. Okay, I've worn out the topic by now. The gyst: it's a nice thing to have and it doesn't cost much - just buy an extra of what you already buy for yourself in the bathroom! And if I am the only person who thinks this is something so exciting and worth writing about, then my goodness, invite me over so I can pamper myself in your bathroom! :o)

XOXO,

6 comments:

  1. good idea! i have some extra things in our guest bathroom (bath salt, bubble bath, a ton of extra soap bars, etc.), but a basket full of these things is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I guess it's not really enogh to just give guests a fresh towel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to comment because I saw you on my followers and I love your name POCKET FULL OF PINK!!! How cute and wonderfully girlie are you? Love. It. Okay...carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! And I'm sure guests would love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying hi! I saw you featured on Drew and Ashley's!

    ReplyDelete