Thursday, October 15, 2009

this & that.

This

5k2

I’m really excited!  This Saturday is the Women’s 5k Classic and I’m doing the 5 mile run.  It’s for such an awesome cause and I’m really excited to be a part of it.  The forecast is NOT favorable for Saturday, but the event is being held rain or shine and call me crazy, but I think it would be kind of fun to run in the rain!  Ha, see if I still think that come Saturday morning, BUT as of right now, it sounds like an adventure!  I’ll let you know how it goes.  Hopefully I come out at the end alive!  I’m known for being a little clumsy.  Running in the rain?  It should be fun for hubby to watch.

That

stockings

On a completely different note…

I have been on the lookout for new Christmas stockings for quite some time now.  I didn’t find anything last year that I really loved so I decided to wait until this year.  I found these embroidered ones last night in our PB catalog and am impressed!  The other stockings I have seen at PB have been VERY plain and just not as fun as I hoped they would be.  I asked hubs for his opinion and he said he wouldn’t mind waking up Christmas morning to a snowflake donned stocking (second from the left in the picture).  For me, I love the one with the white berries (third).  Our parents have stockings for us at their houses, but I’m excited to get our own that will stay at our house.  Fun stuff.  Sooo, I’m thinking these may be it!  Of course little Tucker will get one too, but I’m still looking for his – not sure the pinecone one is up his alley.  Before I jump online and buy them I want to ask you lovely ladies if I am missing out on some fabulous, fun stockings you have seen somewhere.  Any hidden gems that you have found?  Please let me know!  

Happy Thursday!  Have an AMAZING weekend!

Blessings/XOXO

- photo courtesy of PB

 

23 comments:

  1. Those stockings are so cute, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stockings!! Definitely share which ones you choose. I want to get some nice ones for us as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the race! My mom and sister do that one every year. I always miss out since I don't live in Allentown anymore. One of these days I will come back for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those stockings! I was looking at the ones that are on sale even though they are kind of plain. You can't beat a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Saturday! Cant wait to seen how it goes..and as for the stocking...I think we both know how I feel about PB. Love them! Hope your having the greatest day ever! = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. we will be home for thanksgiving! we go home a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your run this weekend. I'm doing my first ever 5k this weekend too. I hope I can make it all the way. It will be my first race ever.

    Love the stockings! The one with the snowflakes was my favorite.

    Thank you for the sweet comment today on my blog. Your kind words really mean a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those stockings! I think you should go for it and order them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those too! If you are looking for others, the ones we got came from PB Kids. They normally have some other patterns that are more whimsical! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I'm so excited my mother-in-law connected us! I've only read one post so far because I just got home from work... but I'm pumped to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of having your own stockings at your own house! I am going to get us some for our house this year too! But you are way ahead of me! I haven't even started looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute stockings. Good luck with the run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are in my prayers as you run to support such a FABulous cause!
    I absolutely love the PB stockings you have picked out, they are so festive and warm, but not TOO crazy!!!! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are awesome. I love them. I bought all of mine at craft shows but they would coordinate with those.

    Go check out my blog cuz- you're a winner.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have PB stockings from when my hubs and I first got married 11 years ago. I get them dry cleaned after the holidays and they look brand new so I say go for it..as long as when they get a little dirty you are OK with drycleaning then GO FOR IT!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your 5K - hope it doesn't rain too much!!! And I love love the snowflake stocking - how adorable is that? Soooo glad you and Kristin have connected. Honestly - I *think* that maybe you two had the same wedding gown - not sure - but possibly?

    ~Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. How'd the race go? I love the 2 stockings you picked! Maybe you get tucker a little doggie one? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We've had PB stockings forever. They really last and are pretty! xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those stockings are so cute! I JUST ordered new ones for us today!
    PS Just found your blog - it's SO cute, you have a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, first of all....5K? Your.amazing.
    I'd keel over. I'd flop around in a ditch somewhere.
    You seize to amaze me.
    ********************
    the stockings are FABULOUS!!!!!!
    I'm writing them a love letter as we speak!
    EEEEeeeeeeeeKKKK!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stumbled across your blog and loved it! (Almost as much as I love those stockings = ) Good luck with your 5k! New follower and just wanted to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know, I don't have a blog - but I do have a facebook! Do you? If you do, friend me! My facebook name is scottandlynmarchman. I was a very reluctant facebook user but now that I've done it(well, me and my husband), I've actually started really enjoying it. And it's been fun getting to reconnect with old friends and also see my children's pictures. I would LOVE to have you as a friend! And thank you for the sweet comment on Kristin's blog! She just texted me and told me to read it! I think I remember now that I found you through Kelly Stamp's blog a few months ago. I don't follow many blogs but yours just stood out to me for some reason. I guess your sweet personality comes out in your words and reminded me so much of Kristin. ~Lyn

    ReplyDelete