Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Li’l Recap.

Happy Tuesday, B-Loves! 

The 5 mile run went off perfectly.  It was definitely cold and rainy, but despite the crummy weather there was a huge turnout.  I finished and didn’t slip or fall once, so yayyyy for that!  Hubby was the most amazing cheerleader.  He made me feel so special and loved, it was awesome.  There I am on the right, in my hot pink and black pants.  It was so fun being amidst a sea of pink!  I am so happy I was able to be a part of the special day.

run

Our weekend actually had an unexpected turn of events.  My sweet father-in-love was admitted to the hospital suddenly while out of town, so my hubby flew out on Saturday after the race to go see him.  He is doing so much better and we are praying for a full and speedy recovery.  If you feel led, prayers for my FIL and my hubby’s family would be AWESOME.  I know the power of prayer!!  Sorry for being so vague.

After hubby took off, Tucker and I decided to pack our bags and take a trip to my mom and dad’s house.  It was so nice being home with them.  We went to dinner, watched movies, drank wine, and Sunday we spent the day SHOPPING.  Ohhhh how I love shopping with my precious mommykins!  I have been on the lookout for a new pair of black boots with a HIGH heel.  I adore heels, especially in the winter so my pants aren’t dragging in the ice and snow.  I stumbled across a pair of Michael Kors booties and it was love at first sight.  I know, I know – it’s a REALLY high heel!  Ahhh, it makes me love them that much more.  I went home and tried them on with all of my long jeans and they are so cute!

MK

Michael Kors webster bootie

Hubby gets home tonight and I am THRILLED to be back in his arms.  The past few days have been a little bit of an emotional whirlwind, but we are praising God for his love and are resting in his sovereignty right now.  He is good!

I hope your week is off to a great start!

Blessings/XOXO

18 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled your run went well, it looks cold!!!!
    Sorry to hear about your FIL, but praise God for healing!!! He is in my prayers.
    Much love pea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the race girl! you did great and glad there was such a great turnout! so sorry about your FIL..will for sure send prayers your way! love.love.love the boots! All my jeans always drag the ground. Hope your having a great day! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with the race!! Definitely thinking and praying for your FIL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your run went well, YAYAYA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sending prayers your way for your FIL. I hope everything is okay and he has a speedy recovery!

    Also, I love those boots! I'm looking for some new black boots myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, could you be any CUTER?!! Love the race outfit! Way to go!! Sending prayers your FIL's way & yay for the hubs coming home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your FIL being admitted to the hospital. I will pray. Cute boots, but I would break my neck in those. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so sorry about your FIL! Saying a prayer and hoping he has a very quick recovery. Yay for your race, you look adorable!! the boots are so cute, I can't wait to find the perfect pair for this season too!! and yay for hubby coming home tonight, I hope you guys have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on the race. hope your fil is doing better!

    have a great evening with the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your father in law and family will be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be praying for your father-in-law!

    And I spent all day Saturday shopping with my mom. I really think that will always be one of my favorite things to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will definitely be praying for your FIL! Isn't is wonderful to get to spend time with your family! I cherish the weekends I get to go visit my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy for your race..you look cute!!
    ******
    I'm sorry about your FIL and I'll say a prayer for him
    ******
    yay !!!for awesome boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awh i hope your father-in-law is good! I love your boots, i love heeled boot sin winter too! :) Good job on the run too! i love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and your husband are too cute!! I am so glad I found your blog! For some reason the follower's won't pull up but once it does I plan to become a follower and follower your blog! I love it! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm walking in a 3 mile walk for breast cancer on Saturday morning and it's supposed to be very similar weather to yours! I hope you are having a better week and enjoying being back with your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just saw your comment on Ashley's page, and I was born and raised in Plano too!!! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm keeping your FIL and your family in my prayers. Great job on your run!

    ReplyDelete