Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Movie Mayhem

Happy Tuesday!

Thank you for your sweet comments on the post below!  I definitely feel encouraged through your words and blessed to have the mop on my head that God gave me.  Regardless, I think my precious Chi will be accompanying my daily routine for quite a while still.

Holy cow, this week is SUPER busy! I apologize in advance for my lack of posts.  I have several work projects that I’m trying to finish – all of them design oriented – so it truly is SO much fun, but OH-SO busy! 

This past weekend was awesome! It was full of amazing times spent with precious friends.  I met up with a dear, sweet friend from college that I haven’t seen in two years!  Hubby and I spent Saturday evening with a couple we just met and we had a BLAST!  We are still constantly meeting new people where we live.  We’re so grateful for the amount of love we’re receiving.  THIS weekend we are heading to Baltimore!  All of our PSU lovies will be there, it really will be like a mini-reunion.  We are going to several costume parties, so this year we have been racking our brains for creative costume ideas.  It’s been so much fun planning, AND a little tedious, haha.  The possibilities are endless!

Here are a few that I think are so creative and I just love…

(apparently I’m all about movie costumes this year)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann Darrow from King Kong – seriously, how fun is this?!  The gorilla hand is an inflatable thing that wraps around you.  LOVE IT!

Ann Darrow

Archie, Betty, Jughead and Veronica from the Archie comic strips – how fun for two couples going to a party together!

archie betty

jughead veronica

Fred and Velma from Scooby Doo, and the rest of the gang – I know this one is already a popular costume idea, but it’s still so much fun.

fred velma

Miss Piggy from The Muppets – definitely needs a pig snout to go with it.

Princess Fiona and Shrek  – Okay, this CRACKS ME UP!  They look JUST like the actual characters.

princess fiona shrek

Elle from Legally Blonde – Who wouldn’t want to be Elle?

legally blonde

Cruella De Vil – I had to add this one.  Love the wig.

cruella de vil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Are you dressing up?  Are your kiddos dressing up?  Halloween isn’t exactly my favorite holiday, but I love spending an evening with sweet friends, making precious memories, all while in outrageous duds.  Unfortunately, I really don’t know if I’ll have an opportunity to jump back on here this week, so get ready next week for tons of pictures from a weekend in Baltimore!  Yay!  I’m excited to reveal our costumes.

Have an amazing and SAFE time this weekend!

Blessings/XOXO

 

All of the above images are from Zoogster.

18 comments:

  1. What cute costumes!!! Hubby & I have plans to just stay at home and welcome all the cute kiddos to our house. It's such a great time & I love seeing all the adorable costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I will be celebrating Halloween apart, which isn't a huge deal since I don't LOVE Halloween, but it definitely won't be as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace will be a sassy little witch this Halloween :) we will go over to my Mom and Dad's for hotdogs and pumpkin carving with some family friends. This has been a long time tradition with our family. We will wrap things up by going to a Festival at our church. :) Can't wait to see your pictures! Have a blast this weekend, be safe, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! XOXOXOXOXOXO P.S. You should TOTALLY make some of my gorp for your trip! :) Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the costumes! Im not dressing up this year but after seeing these I wish that I went all out and came up with a costume idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those costumes are so much fun! The hubs and I will be hanging out at home handing out (and eating) Halloween candy to the neighborhood kiddos. Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute costume ideas! Have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait. I'll be attending our first Halloween costum Party this year. I have always worked or worked for someone who has kids :)

    Yay! You'll look great no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids are being super heroes and I bought a wonder woman t shirt to wear to match. I know...I go all out.
    Have a great time with your friends. I can't wait to see pictures of your fun time. Love the Freddie and Velma outfits. That is what my kids want to be next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you want a good laugh head on over to my blog and check out my Halloween post. On Saturday I went to a costume party, it was the first time I had dressed up in years. There are pictures of my costume. I still can't believe I wore that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute costume ideas! I still don't have one! Are you going out in Baltimore? We haven't decided yet... I think it's supposed to rain here all weekend :o(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all super cute. Geez, I just realized I haven't dressed up in years! Maybe now that we're taking Scarlett trick-or-treating I'll do a little something? No clue what though!!

    Have so much fun in Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like SUCH a fun weekend with your man and sweet friends! Can't wait to hear what you guys rock as your Halloween Costumes. This year its so fun since its actually on a Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great costumes!! And what a fab weekend you had, yay!=)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI, nice to meet you! Love your blog! I think I am going to be "mommy" for halloween. im not a fan of dressing up, but my daughter will either be a butterfly or cinderella...we shall see. Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello-loved your post, you always put so much thought into them and I actually do get ideas (I want the Michael Buble cd for Christmas because of your post, ha ha). So let us know what delightful costume you end up wearing, and we'll be waiting to see what you chose! We are all heading down to see our daughter on Halloween who is turning 21! Yes, our boo baby....taking her out to dinner and taking some pics around her campus with the fam - hope you have a great weekend and be safe! Enjoy your friends! (go penn state)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all the costumes girl! too cute! I ask Macy if I could dress up with her and all I got was the "uh, NO"...go figure. Hope you have a great time catching up with friends! Sounds like so much fun! = )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovie!!! I loove the opportunity to dress up and act in character, so this is a fun time for me! Seeing as I have just had knee surgery am in a brace and on crutches i had to find something that would work with my situation, haha. So....Nancy Kerrigan here I come, yep, the figure skater with the bum knee, haha, oh and Dan is going to be Tonya Harding!!! He looks absolutely ridiculous!!! (i kinda think he likes wearing a dress, ahhh!) Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so happy to see you too lovie! I miss you so much already! When are we going to do it again?! We have to get it on the calendar! Also - let us know which one you chose! I would love to see your final choice!

    ReplyDelete