Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Honey, it's Bloggable!

Hi Blogging Lovies! Happy Tuesday! How was your weekend? We had a fabulous time! Friday night my hubby and I went to Philly for a romantic get-away. We went to a cancer charity benefit/auction last year and bid on a weekend package in Philly. We won and haven't been able to use it until this past weekend. It was a blast! We went wine tasting and cheese sampling, out to a fabulous Cuban rest, spent time walking around downtown and grabbing drinks at random, hip places, and then we finished the night at a wonderful hotel. Truly a memorable time! But, I have to admit, I was a little on the "silly" side by the end of the night. I think the flights of wine at the beginning of the night and the mojitos at dinner really did me in. When we got back to our hotel room, we weren't ready for the night to be over! I offered to run downstairs to the wine bar and pick up a bottle of wine to bring back to the room. I think I was gone for almost 45 minutes; my hubsy was just about to come down stairs and find me when I finally walked in the hotel room door. I had a nervous smile plastered on my face and was giggling. He said, "What happened?!" While I was down there, I made friends with the bartender and a fun couple that was sitting in the restaurant sampling wine. I ended up trying all sorts of different wines from various vineyards around the world; it was quite educational and oh-so-fun. I ended up buying not one bottle of wine, but two. And these were not exactly the cheapest bottles. AND, the bartender was so nice and helpful, so I left quite a hefty, generous tip. I realized as I was walking back to the hotel room, with my two bottles of wine, two wine glasses and a bottle opener, that perhaps I spent a little more than my hubsy had intended on me spending. I was truly wrapped up in the experience and didn't quite think everything through. As soon as he responded with "What happened?" I went into my story of how I made some wonderful friends and had the opportunity to enjoy a cultural tasting experience. I also mentioned how I couldn't buy just ONE bottle, every one was saying it's so silly to buy only ONE. I then proceeded to tell him how much I spent, tip and all. He almost hit the floor! I batted my eyelashes, apologized, and gave him my attempt of a cute and innocent smile and simply said, "Look on the bright side! At least it's Bloggable! My blogging buddies will get a kick out of it." I truly did feel bad and was very apologetic. Luckily, he laughed and hugged me and forgave me for being not quite so frugal. It's come up a few times since Friday night; I have been teased quite a bit. Oh, and we definitely didn't even drink a whole bottle, let alone two. Le sigh. Lesson learned. Don't buy more than one bottle of wine when you have already had quite a few glasses and are not in the best state of mind to use the best judgement. But hey, a bloggable memory! I keep reminding him that. :o)

Good gracious, he's so hot. And quite forgiving, praise the Lord.
Scrumptious cheese platter.
It looks like I'm chugging, but I promise I wasn't. I was really into the swirling and sniffing, etc. That's better. So much fun!
Walking back into the hotel room, late night...bottles in tow.
So there's a mini weekend recap! How was yours? I am SO so so SO excited for the 4th this weekend! Do you have any fun plans?? Hope you're day is going fabulously well!
Blessings!/XOXO

19 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds like so much fun! You look gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's hysterical!!! I can't wait to hear more about it. He is SUCH a wonderful, Godly man and you two are a FABULOUS couple. Love you bunches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend!! Loved your story about the wine adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...sounds like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's bad luck to buy only one bottle of wine, you must buy at least 2 (okay, that's probably not true, but I like that excuse!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, you are so cute! it sounded like a great weekend!! and a great hubby, haha=)! i love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm in a wedding Thursday night, but no 4th plans, just yet. Sounds like you guys had a BLAST this past weekend... and I'm sure the bartender had a BLAST with your ginormo-tip. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is hilarious...and SO something I would do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous! That is like my dream little getaway one day! I have never been wine tasting ; ) Sounded amazing and love the pics! your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha that is too funny...glad you guys had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics, you are so pretty!! Is that a top or a dress you are wearing? I love it!!! Great color!! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That wine story is hysterical. Totally something Husby would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great time, I love me some wine! That top is a wonderful color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like the two of you had a great weekend get away!

    By the way, I love the color or the top you are wearing. It is so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm surprised he didn't come looking for you...

    My GIVE AWAY will be posted by tomorrow morning-there's a peak preview of one of the items-go check it out and send everyone over to get their names in Monday morning.
    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like tons of fun! :) I stopped by via Lindsey @ Learning to be a wife!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe...you are too cute! Love the fun story! I'll try to remember the advice, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, so since we are long lost best friends, I HAD to catch up on your recent posts. I LOVE the fact you say "it's bloggable" because I swear I evaluate life to see if it is "bloggable." Or, my husband knows I have to document things, which I already do, but now post it on the blog! Too funny, but glad to know I am not the only one!!!

    ReplyDelete