Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Word Happy

Hellooooo, lovies!! How is your week going so far? This week kind of feels like it is going by soooo sloooowlyyyy. BUT, it is Wednesday! Hip hip hooray! This weekend hubsy and I are going to Baltimore for a weekend full of BASEBALL. Yep, TWO games, two nights in a row. I'm getting myself prepared, haha. I love baseball, but that is a lot for a weekend. My husband lived in GA for a while growing up and his whole family LOVES the Braves. A lof of our friends from school and one of my brother-in-laws now live in Baltimore, and the Braves are playing them this weekend. So, we're making a whole weekend out of it full of friends, family and baseball. Should be fun! This weekend, I am making it a point to take pictures. I know, I have been lacking in providing something fun to actually see while looking at my posts. I think since I returned from Italy I have been a little worn out of the whole picture taking process. But, it's time to get back in the grind!

This past weekend was FULL of hard work planting new flowers, bushes and mulching every thing in our sight. Luckily, my neck was healed and ready for all the work! Thank you for your sweet comments below. My neck ordeal was such a crazy experience, but luckily it is ALL better. Sunday evening when we were getting ready for bed, I couldn't stop thinking about what a perfect day we had. Granted, in the midst of being in a permanent state of bending over while mulching, I probably thought more negative thoughts about the moment than positive, but in the end, it was so perfect. Sunday morning we woke up and headed off to church. Our new church starts at 9:30am - EARLY for a non-morning person like me. It's always so hard to get up, but always such a joy when I'm out the door and on the way and feeling refreshed and ready to go. At church we sat next to a young couple who had a two week old baby girl! I couldn't help myself from constantly looking over and just watching her. She was SO tiny and BEAUTIFUL! We introduced ourselves and it turned out it was their first Sunday at our church and they had just moved into the area only a few weeks ago. She moved when she was 38 weeks pregnant, yikes. My hubsy asked them if they were free for lunch and I for sure thought they would be too exhausted (sidenote, they also have a two year old who was upstairs in sunday school). They said they would love to go to lunch! We spent a good two hours at a local restaurant sitting outside on the patio, eating good food and getting to know one another. It was awesome! It felt so good to be able to welcome a new family into our church, especially considering that WE have been the new family that people have been welcoming. We are so excited to hang out with them again and continue to get to know them. After lunch, hubsy and I headed to Home Depot (for I think the third time) and we picked up some more flowers to finish our weekend project. We went home, changed, and got to work. Probably about four or five hours into our hard work, we overheard a neighbor of ours talking to his kids. Our neighbors who are two houses down have a pool and a huge fence surrounding their house. We can never actually SEE them, but we can hear them. The dad goes, "Hey kids, does anyone want a milkshake?" Simultaneously, both my husband and I looked up at each other and smiled. That was it. We decided that sounded SO good that we had to jump in the car and go get a milkshake, or ice cream, or SOMETHING equally refreshing and yummy. We piled in the car with mud streaks and all. We realized on the way there that it was already dinner time, so we first stopped at a burrito place and grabbed some food and drove to a near by lot and ate in the car. We watched the birds and had a good time chowing down. After that, we were off to get a milkshake for myself and a chocolate and peanut butter sundae for my hubsy, his favorite. It was heavenly. We went home, finished our yard work, rinsed off, hopped into bed, and read for a good hour before we decided it was time to turn off the lights. I felt like such a little domestic wifey going to sleep that night. A full day of church, good company, hard work, and a full belly. I loved it! What an awesome Sunday. Whew, I just realizd how much I typed just to tell you about our day! I'm a tad word happy. Oh! What a perfect segway....

Heather at Small Town Girl tagged me! This rules of this tag are as follows:

Share six unimportant things that make you HAPPY ~ Mention who tagged you ~ Tag six fellow bloggy buddies. Too fun! Here we go.

1. The smell of Old Spice deodorant, mmmmm.
2. Sitting by a campfire with a glass of wine.
3. Lipgloss
4. Manicures and Pedicures
5. Getting wrapped up in a good book
6. Eating homemade gingerbread on a cool, crisp day. Growing up, my mom would make a pan of homemade gingerbread on the first, cool day of Fall, every year. Heavenly.

I tag, That's Sassy, Paper Girl, Mrs. Southern Bride, Ricardo and Lauren, Cristina and Emily - My six, newest followers! Thank you so much for deciding to stick around and follow my blog. It's such an encouragement!

Have an amazing rest of your week and weekend! (If I don't make it back before Friday). :o)


Blessings!
XOXO,

12 comments:

  1. I'm now craving ginerbread haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading about your great weekend made me happy! You and your husband sound like two wonderful people and it is inspiring! Glad your neck feels better, I am sure that was horrible. Have fun this weekend at the baseball games! Go Braves ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your neck problems - glad its getting better! The Baseball sounds great - have always wanted to go to a game, so please post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for new friends and spontaneous trips to get a milkshake! Have fun with your baseball this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you guys are so nice inviting that family out to lunch :) So sweet! AND a milkshake DOES sound divine mmmmm I like your thinking sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your husband are so sweet to invite that couple to lunch. I'm sure it really made their day to meet people their first week at a new church.

    Sounds like the rest of your day went so great! You're making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE planting flowers! Take some pix of yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that sounded like such a great weekend! and how wonderful that you asked them to lunch!!! i love that! this weekend sounds like another great one too, wow two games=) do you live in md or are you driving up from the south??

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanted to say hi! Just found this adorable blog! I love the unimportant things that make you happy, to me they are the most important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I have been reading your blog for a while now, but this is the first time I'm leaving a comment.

    I just wanted to tell you. I love love love how you and your husband spent your day on Sunday. Before my husband died the two of us would spend this day in a very similar way. Typically on Sundays we would get Mexican for dinner, go get ice cream, watch some TV together, get ready for bed, and then we would each read for a while before going to sleep. Reading your post brought back some very happy memories for me.

    Thanks for posting about your day and I also really enjoy reading your blog. I will be commenting more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mani / pedi's and a good book!! Sounds PERFECT!



    Thanks for the sweet comment! The job is in Jersey however.... unfortuantely the hubby has to remain in Texas until his Army commitment is done. Boo! One day I will strive to have both! haha!

    Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete