Monday, June 1, 2009

Random Thoughts

What an amazing weekend! We woke up on Saturday and headed to Hershey, PA for a fun-filled day and night of roller coasters, cook-outs and an amazing hotel room at the Hershey Lodge, all given to us by my husband's company. We had such a great time! On Sunday, we woke up and then drove home to get ready for our Bible study cook-out we were hosting in the evening. We had a great turn out and a fabulous time entertaining and mingling with friends. Our Bible study is taking a break over the summer, and I honestly am a little bit relieved - we started missing so many studies because we have been gone! It will be nice to meet back up again in the Fall.

We have been looking at puppies! We visited a breeder last week and saw a litter of one week old Labrador Retrievers. They were the cutest little things! I have been hesitant about getting a puppy for a while now, since we travel so much, but my hubsy has been wanting one since the day we were married. We agreed that once we got back from Italy we would start looking. And we are! And honestly, now I want one so badly I'm becoming almost impatient! Haha. The weather has been so beautiful and I am so excited to go on long walks in the evening with our little guy (we want a male) and my hubsy. He has grown up with Golden Retrievers and LOVES them. Right now we are looking at Golden Retrievers and Yellow Labs. Any suggestions on which one you think we should get? I know all about the hair with the Goldens and the energy levels with the labs, so I'm really in the middle. We're visiting a few Golden Retriever litters this week. I will keep you posted! I really have never been one too obsessed with dogs, but I can SO see myself becoming one of those owners who refers to their puppy as another child. In fact, we have his name picked out and we aren't telling anyone what it is. How funny is that?!

I'm going to re-do my blog soon. I say soon, but honestly I have no idea when. It's funny, I don't own ANYTHING pink. I never wear pink, I don't decorate with pink...but I love the essence of pink. That's why I chose the theme for this blog to be about pink. But I am honestly getting a wee bit tired of the theme, and soooo much pink. Haha! I love change and I think it's about time to embrace a new one. I also feel that it is time to shift gears a little bit in my writing. I am sure you have noticed, but most of my entries are about what my hubsy and I have been up to and what is going on in our lives. I want to feel open and free to continue these writings, and still add my recipes here and there and other fun things. I'm definitely keeping the same URL, and will still be "Pocket full of pink", but I'm going to change the theme up a bit with the layout and use of colors. But don't worry, there will still be pink!

The other night I woke up around 4am and was FREEZING! It was so hot during the day but it cools down so much at night. We didn't have the windows open or the AC on, and I'm usually never cold at night, but for some reason I was absolutely freezing. I was only half awake too, and started earnestly looking for my comforter that I had kicked off earlier. My hubsy woke up and asked me what was wrong and I mentioned that I was so cold. He SHOT out of bed and ran and grabbed about four, huge pillows and started building a nest around me. He had the pillows so tight around me that I felt like I was in an oven. It was heavenly. He tucked me in, kissed me and went right back to sleep. An hour later, his alarm went off and he was up and off to work. I woke up later in the morning, still nice and toasty, and wiggled myself out of my "nest". I just sat there astonished at what an amazing man I have. He is always taking care of me. It didn't matter he only had one hour left to sleep, he got up and went about making sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable and warm. I praise God every day for giving me the man that I married. I love him so much and am caught up in disbelief every now and then at the fact that he is, in fact, MY husband. How cool is that?! It will be two years in September and I am just as giddy as day 1 at the fact that we're married. What a gift I have in him. I praise God so much for loving me enough to give me the blessing that is my husband. And I am praying extra hard this week that He will guide my actions and my words, and work with me to be a continuous gift in my husband's life: supportive and loving. I can do anything in Him!

Here's to a new week! Happy Monday!

19 comments:

  1. Awww...lovie! Can't wait to see the burst of creativity that comes in your next edition of "Pocket Full of Pink"!

    And I love that Rob woke up to build you a "nest". That's a great story and encouraging to all of us "single ladies" that Mr. Wonderful does indeed exist!

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the blog re-do! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited you two are getting a dog! I wasn't a dog person until we got one, and now we have THREE! They are like our children. It's so nice to come home and have them waiting there. You may want to consider a rescue doggy. Petfinder.org is a wonderful site. The strays are seriously the most appreciative, best dogs.
    P.S. The "nest" thing is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful post :) Your husband is too sweet to you! And I'm super excited to hear more about this dog business! I've been wanting one for some time...so maybe you two will be my inspiration to get off my butt and do it!

    We ventured to Hershey last year! Are you close to there?? We live in Cleveland so it was a little drive. Just wondering if we lived close to each other!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for puppy looking!!! Yes you will quickly become obessed with your new addition and become protective over them like a human child. It's already happening..you picked out a nick name HA! I can't wait to see what yall decide. Both are great dogs and are great with kids ;)
    Can't wait to see what you come up with when you re-do your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting about getting a puppy! My fiance and I just got a yellow lab. We were going back and forth between a golden and a lab also. We went with the lab because I'm allergic to most dogs with long hair and was nervous about the goldens hair. Anyways, I'm happy we went with a lab. Yes, he has a lot of energy, but it comes in spurts and doesn't last that long. We take him on a walk every night around the neighborhood and that does him in and tires him out. He'll sleep through the night after that. If he doesn't get a walk, he will get a bit hyper. He was great about "potty training" too and doesn't have anymore accidents in the house. He's confined to the kitchen and hasn't chewed any furniture yet. He's five months. As long as you give him love and exercise him he'll be fine. I think a lot has to do with the time you can invest in him too. I'm not a dog person, but have fallen head over heels with my little lab. We're even considering getting another one. Sorry for the long reply! Good luck with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post to catch us all up. How cool to be puppy hunting. We are too, but looking maybe to rescue a doggie, not get a puppy from a litter. We shall see. Good luck with the search.
    Can't wait to see how you change things up on the blog. It will be fun!
    You do have a sweet man too BTW. That was a cute story. Made me go AWWWWEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting that you're thinking about getting a puppy! My best friend has a golden retriever, and she is such a well-behaved dog! She listens, but is still fun when it's time to play. She's also totally cuddly and will just jump in your lap and fall asleep...even though she's pretty huge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a puppy soooo bad too! I want a yellow lab! I have a feeling I may get one for Christmas this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fun that you went to Hershey! The Lodge is really nice. Hershey is one of my clients and last time I was out there, we had dinner at the Hershey Lodge. I had some sort of chocolate beer. It was different, but good.

    Labs are amazing dogs. I grew up around them when I was younger. They are intelligent, loving and so much fun!

    I can't wait to see what you come up with for the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we bought a Yellow (white, really) lab back in the fall. We picked one of the more calm puppies, and well being outside a lot has brought out some bouts of energy. The main thing is spending time with them, training, playing, etc. We crate trained ours so he would not have to go out at night. The best advice I have for either breed is make sure to get outside and run their tail off often. That helps them get the energy out, and then they get more quality calm time with you afterwards. We take ours out and just let him run for an hour or two, then he just lays at our feet or walks with us. Then we get more 'good' training time, showing him we approve of both behaviors in their right times/places.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun blog-I always enjoy stopping by

    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My boyfriend has been on a kick about getting a puppy and I haven't given in. Last week we saw some yellow lab puppies and I almost took them all home on the spot...so dang cute!

    Looking forward to seeing your new look...

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like u guys had such a great time at Hershey, PA. We are going there very soon! I have always talked about it so much to my hubby and I want to surprise him soon. :)

    and what u said about how you feel so blessed with ur husband. Thats a wonderful feeling! May God continue to bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounded like such a fun weekend!! we keep talking about getting a puppy but haven't yet for the same reason, maybe soon=)!! and so sweet about your Hubby, God is so good for giving us such amazing Hubbys=)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hershey, PA sounds like fun! I have those same thoughts about my husband .. amazement : )

    ReplyDelete