Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

1. We put a down payment on a puppy!!! I really, really want to post a picture, but because we don't technically have "him" yet, I feel funny and want to respect the privacy of the breeders. But man, we are so excited! We went to see the new puppies on Sunday. They were only a week old! A beautiful litter of Golden Retrievers, and we were able to pick them up and hold them! Have you ever held a one week old puppy? It was magical. :o) We are able to pick him up on July 25th (when the puppies are 8 wks old) - which, is a whole other story. I'll be in Maine on July 25th! My mom, my girlfriends and I are taking a girls' trip together. I am so excited for the trip but am so bummed I will miss bringing home our little guy! I'm praying super hard that they move the "pick up time" to a week earlier, but I'm not holding my breath, especially considering I don't think they are even allowed to go home any earlier than 8 wks of age. We also don't know which male yet we'll be bringing home. We have to wait until they are a little older for us to go and pick which one we want. It's crazy to think that we are definitely getting one of them, and I may have even held him on Sunday, but for now we don't know which one will be ours! I can't wait to pick him out! Regardless, I'm so excited, and will be sure to post more about this later, including pictures!! And his name! Eeek! It's all so new, but I wanted to at least let you know that we made a decision and will definitely be bringing home our little guy at the end of next month. Hubsy looked at me the other night and said, "Our family is about to get bigger!" It was cute.

2. AWESOME weekend! I promised pictures, and guess what, I FORGOT TO CHARGE MY CAMERA! This is the only one I got before it died! I wanted to show how close we were to the field and got hubsy's head in it too. Trust me ladies, I was all set to snap away the whole weekend. I was so bummed! It's been so long since I've brought my camera that I completely forgot to see if I had any battery life left. We had seats in the FRONT row, behind center field. I think twice a baseball came directly towards my head. I squealed like a little girl A LOT during the games. Kind of scary, but a lot of fun. Braves won the first night and lost the second night. Pretty close seats, huh?

3. Let's hang out. I want to throw a summer party and invite all my blogging lovies. Wouldn't that be fun? Ohhhh, if only.

4. I loveee Bikram Yoga. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't posted about this before. We moved into our new house last August, about an hour away from where we used to live. There aren't ANY Bikram Yoga studios in our new area and it has been a really big struggle for me. It's like loving to play a sport and being told you're not allowed to play it anymore. I miss it! It really is the ONE workout that gets me motivated and going. A lot of bloggers have been talking about their journeys to becoming avid runners, or what they already do as avid runners. I have decided to stop sulking about not being able to do Bikram (ps. there are regular yoga studies everywhere here, but it really isn't the same as Hot Yoga, I don't feel like I get in as good of a stretch and workout) and have decided to start running, or at least attempt. I used to run all the time WAY back in the day when I was in track and field. I would love to enjoy running again. I'm a little nervous to start it back up, since it has been so long, but I am determined to find something else that I love just as much as I did Bikram Yoga. I am going to the gym today and am making myself RUN (or lightly jog, or walk, let's be honest) my heart out. I really hope to start enjoying running again. I'll let you know how it goes! I know to ease myself back in. I just want to skip ahead a few months and be done with the beginners stage!

5. Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are having a great start to your week.

Blessings!
XOXO,

21 comments:

  1. haha, I tried to trick you with the 'love' title!
    CONGRATS on the puppy! that is just wonderful! peanut brings so much more to my life and you are just going to love it! I can't wait to see pics! Oh and I got to bring home Peanut early, talked the breeder into it ; ) So I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    At least you got one good shot! Sounds like you had so much fun!
    I took up running like 6 months ago b/c my ex talked me into doing the bridge run...I love it now and crave it every day! It is all in your mind! I think you should run outside...you will have a much better chance of liking it! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting about the puppy. I can't wait to see pictures. I'll bet it is so cute.
    I am doing the shred & am on level 3 today...it has been tough, but I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pictures of the new addition!!! How sweet!!

    And yes, plan a party...I'll be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love the idea of a blogging party! Wouldn't it be awesome? We can dream, at least...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baseball! Those are great seats, a bloggie party would be great, if we didn't all live so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to Maine?? That's where I'm from! You'll absolutely love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, so exciting!! Can't wait to see pics of the puppy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey anna! thanks for the sweet message! you have GOT to download Windows Live Writer! It's the ONLY way I update my blog and it's SO SO easy! I don't even mess with blogger hardly. You just download the program, type in your blog's website, and it sets it all up for you. Blogging becomes WAY easier!! Putting pictures in your blog is instant and they load in ORDER and you can move them AROUND and resize them instantly!! :) Check it out! Let me know if you need any help!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the puppy! Our one year anniversary is on July 25th so it's gonna be a good day :-) I SO wish we could all get together for a party. It's sad we're all spread out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on officially putting a down payment on a puppy! I bet you can't wait to take him home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, how exciting about the puppy. I bet they were so teeny and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for little puppies!!! After I had my miscarriage I decided I needed a little puppy to help keep me company. I went to pick him out when he was only 2 weeks old, his little eyes weren't even open yet. It was so cute to hold that little ball of fur. I ended up getting a Boston Terrier and named him Bo. Watch out for a post about him, it will be coming soon.

    Congrats on becoming puppy parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The beginning stage of running blows...but you will ease right back into it! Good luck!!

    I just finished my yoga class and they were talking about Hot Yoga in there! So weird...I had never heard of it before...and now twice in one day!

    And super exciting news about the puppy!! I can't wait to see him!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the puppy sista!!! How exciting :) What a cute family you have and it's about to get cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I am feeling the Blogging pressure to get my kiddos a puppy!!! Everyone in the blog world is getting one...I am soo excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We used to breed our Miniature schnauzer when I was growing up and yes new puppies are sweet. Congrtas. I hope you get him a little early.

    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I KNEW YOU LOOKED FAMILIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like, dang I feel like I know her but no, she lives in PA theres no way!! haha too funny!!! I'll go friend req you LOL! but wait...idk your new last name! ...email it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwwww....a new puppy?! How exciting!
    Have fun with the potty training..that is the part..I'm all...eeewwwww.....gross. That came out of you? You sweet lil' precious thing.

    Oh my gosh, yes! Plan a party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So what did you think of Baltimore? I'm curious to know...

    ...and you not being home to pick up your puppy in July reminds me of "Marley & Me". SUCH a cute movie!!

    I need to get running again. I wanted to start... ran like 1 or 2 times then haven't since. Let me know if you find any tips or ideas about getting into the swing of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWWW how exciting getting a family member!! Puppy's always smell and feel lovely!! Cannot wait to see pictures of the new addition!!
    mandii

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Bikram Yoga too!!! Unfortunately, the classes that are offered at our local studio do not coincide with my schedule as a new mommy....hopefully one day! Good luck with your new pup. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete