Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good Stuff

1. Ah, ya'll are AWESOME! Your comments were SO helpful and made it so much easier for me to make a decision on the Pottery Barn rug. As of now, I'm keeping it. My mom is coming up on Friday so she and I will go out shopping and play around with the room a bit more. I will take a picture after we accessorize. Unless she convinces me other wise (I take to heart what my mama says), then I'm keeping it! My husband is also thankful for your helpful comments; I think he is a bit tired of hearing me stress about it. But it's a big decision! Haha, men just don't understand. Every time I walk in the door and see those big yellow dots staring at me, I just have to smile. And I think I will eventually put it in a kitchen or playroom or home office. THANK YOU times a billion for taking the time and telling me what you think! I'm going to have to ask for your advice more often!

2. Thank you SO much for stopping by my sister's
blog. I know how encouraged she felt from your sweet comments and I am so thankful for you taking the time to say hello. It's so fun having a sibling in the blogging world! Today she wrote about her trusty cooler. She cracks me up! Ahhh, love her...sigh.

3. GUESS WHAT. Do you remember
this post when I mentioned that I wanted to take up running again? I have successfully gone running EVERY SINGLE DAY since then! Well, at first it was a lot of walking mixed with jogging, BUT, I am so excited to report that today before work I ran 3 miles, nonstop. I am so excited! It just proves that if we set our minds and hearts to something, we can do it. Trust me ladies, I am by no means an exercise guru. This is BIG STUFF happening here. I think I may put up a running tracker on my sidebar to keep track of how much I am running, solely to keep me in check. If I feel like I have to record it, it will motivate me. But I am warning you, it will probably stay around the 1-3 mile mark for now, haha.

4. Dinner last night was yum-o! I have to share. OH, and check out
this little menu planner I downloaded and have started using from Project Girl. I think I am going to come up with my own menu planner (at some point...down the line...when I have time...no idea when this will be) and will definitely share it with everyone. I love tools of organization that are done creatively and with a touch of style. So, on the menu for last night was: Honey/Lime Shrimp over Rice and a Tomato and Avocado Salad with a homemade dressing. Pics below were taken quickly after preparation, I didn't take the time to make it extremely presentable. If you wanted to serve it for company I think you could really make it look nice. Add some parsley or lemon wedges in the middle of the salad, etc. Here are the recipes! Enjoy!


1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 pinch ground pepper
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced into wedges
2 small tomatoes, each cut into about 8 wedges
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Arrange the slices of avocado and tomato alternately like the spokes of a wheel on one big serving plate, or individual plates. Drizzle lightly with the dressing, and serve immediately.
Honey & Lime Shrimp
(taken from this recipe, altered)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons italian-style salad dressing
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and devained
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
cooked rice
1 lime
1. In a large bowl, mix together garlic powder, black pepper, 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce, wine, and salad dressing; add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover, marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
2. Throw shrimp and marinade in a pan over the stove and cook until slightly pink. Add the honey, melted butter and remaining worcestershire sauce, cook shrimp until done.
3. Place rice in serving bowl, squeeze fresh lime juice on top. Place shrimp and sauce over the rice and squeeze the remainder of the lime juice. Voila! Enjoy!

Happy Tuesday!

XOXO,


ynkrxte2d8

15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the end product of your room!! :) And way to go with the running! I've started, but not been quite that faithful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you're gonna keep the rug. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, both recipes look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy recipes and beautiful presentation!! Love it and good for you on the running!! Way to go girl!! I am going to check out your sister's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your running!! 3 miles is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMM...those all look so taasty and easy too!!

    COngrats on your running! I'm trying to get back into it also, I used to able to run almost 4 mi non stop. I'm at the 2mi mark with some walking but I can tell I'm running more than walking now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh your room is going to look so great! def show pics of the accessories and finished product=)! that salad looks yuuummy=) and a huge congrats on the running, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing the link with the menu planner!! That stuff makes my heart beat fast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the accessories you choose for the room. I love decorating, just don't worry about it now with 3 wild kids running through the house all day long. :)
    Those two recipes look delish. I love me some Avocados. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rug. So glad that you are going to keep it. I think it will look wonderful in your room.

    I smile when I read about you and running. I just recently started running myself. I'm up to about 2 1/2 miles. I haven't ran at all outside yet, only on the treadmil, but I figured it was better than nothing at all. My brother's girlfriend wants me to run a marathon with her in October...we shall see about that!

    Good luck with your running!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you are keeping the rug! It is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute blog. Just stumbled upon you! I can't run... I stick to yoga and I'm about to start the 30 Day Shred. Alos, I love that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OM Gosh! Everything you do is..perfect...I wanna grow up to be like you.
    Your shrimp looks amazingly yummy!

    ReplyDelete