Thursday, June 4, 2009

PAIN. IN. THE. NECK.

Soooo, Monday night I went for a jog around the neighborhood, and for the first time, I brought hand weights with me. I wanted to go for a run because it was so beautiful out, but I also wanted to get in a little arm workout. BIG MISTAKE! Tuesday morning, I woke up feeling fine. I was dressed and all ready for work, about to walk out the door, when all of the sudden, I got the most horrific pain on the left side of my neck. I stood there actually thinking I was having an aneurysm or something! I couldn't move my head! The pain kept getting worse and worse. As I was standing by the door trying to figure out what to do, my hubsy was getting out of his car, praise the Lord. It was a mess, I was in so much pain and couldn't move my head to do anything. To make a long story short, I completely pulled the muscles on the left side of my neck to the point where they were overlapping in a continuous spasm. I REALLY didn't want to go to the doctor, but when I realized I couldn't even lay down because it hurt so bad, I knew I had to suck it up and go see him. I went to the doctor that night and he gave me a muscle relaxer to try and break the spasm up along with a pain killer so that I woudn't be in pain while I was sleeping. The doctor also mentioned it would be a good idea for me to get a massage. Um, OKAY! You don't have to tell me twice! I informed my hubsy that this was, in fact, orders from the doctor. Last night I had the most amazing one hour massage! Afterwards, I went home and took my meds the doctor gave me and went right to sleep. Today, I feel like a new woman! But, I also feel like a very old woman. Who throws their neck out from running? Well, me, for starters. So ladies, I don't encourage you to run with weights. I should have known better, but I thought that if I wasn't going that fast then it would be alright. WRONG. I don't know, maybe my body is just that puny! This weekend we are doing a TON of yard work. I'm just praying my neck stays calm and collected, otherwise I may have to sit on the front porch in one of our rocking chairs and delegate to hubsy where I want our new flowers to go. I can't risk another neck injury! :o)

Thank you for your comments on the post below! It was great hearing your opinions on the whole dog front. I also loved hearing your own words of appreciation about your husbands. What a blessing! While I love talking about married life, and my studly man, I want to make sure that the women who read this that are single, know that they aren't alone! I was also in their shoes not too long ago. Kelly from Kelly's Korner did an amazing post this morning about singleness. She gave some awesome bible verses on patience and contentment. She is also hosting a give away for two books, one that is targeted towards single, Christian women. Check it out and leave her a comment so you can be entered to win! When I was struggling with contentment in my single stage, I loved the book What's a Girl To Do? While Waiting for Mr. Right, by: Jane Folger. It's a great book! I wanted to share this because one of the reasons I love talking about my husband and our life together, and why I praise God every day for the blessing I have in my him, is because I've been on the other side! The side where you yearn for God to bring you "the one". Each one of us has a different role in the bigger plan, and while we know God's plan is perfect, it doesn't mean it's easy. I thought Kelly's post was awesome, so I wanted to point it out to you. Blessings!

Happy Thursday!

15 comments:

  1. I saw Kelly's post - it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch girl! That's sounds very painful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! I'm glad you're feeling better now but dang that sucks!! I've walked w weights before but never ran LOL

    I'm going to check out that post now!! Thanks so much for mentioning the single ladies ....Sometimes I struggle with is and others I know God has a plan but I'm not very patient and sometimes I wonder if it will ever happen! Thank you for mentioning that book, I might have to check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I'm glad you're feeling better and hope it stays that way!!

    PS: go to bing.com - it's Microsoft's new version of "google" and I think you'll like the backdrop for today. It's Cinque Terra (sp?) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you're feeling better, you poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I hope you feel better! That sounds like it really hurt!

    But get you got a massage out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm so glad you're feeling better! who can argue with those doctor's orders=) i'm so glad you got that massage!=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh girlfriend your neck!! I am glad it's feeling better! Want an even better workout? Try weights around your ankles hahaha brutal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not read that post..I will check it out. I am glad that you are feeling better. Having a sore neck is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love reading your posts **:)
    I'm glad your feeling better lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it makes you feel any better, I did a number on my knees last fall from running too much. Now I do mostly walking and a short run here or there. I hope your neck is doing ok!

    And I loved Kelly's post, too! I definitely went through the same thing wondering if I'd ever find my husband! On the positive side, I think it's made me appreciate him more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. I had a post today about the blessing of being a Mom-and not knowing if we would ever have ONE and here I am with 4 here on earth and 2 in heaven waiting till I get there to tell them how much I have always wanted them and never stopped loving them. God must be laying these things on our hearts in a united fashion.

    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com
    Check out the free give away
    Cheri
    www.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your posts and bless your heart on you neck, that's no fun!! But I bet that massage was!! I would for a doctor to give me that order!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You okay?
    I haven't seen you post in a lil' while.
    Your neck okay?
    Just checking up on you.:)
    Hope all is well!! :)

    ReplyDelete