Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Pie Recipe

Hello B-Loves!  Thank you so so much for your encouraging comments about the new layout.  I am so glad you like it!  It honestly is a little bit of a relief.

My goodness, so much to catch up on.  The U.S. Women’s Open was a blast!  Unfortunately, I have absolutely NO pictures to show for it.  They check your bags and make you turn in your cameras and phones at the door.  It’s understandable, but was a bummer.  It was so neat being a part of the big day.  I love the movie The Greatest Game Ever Played; it’s based on the true story of the 1913 Open when a 20 year old defeats his idol and wins the whole tournament.  That is honestly the closest I have come to watching golf, by watching that movie, and it was neat to see how the tournament was in the movie and then see one in real life.  Everyone is SO quiet!  And everyone follows the players around just like in the movie, haha.  A lot of fun!

The 4th?  Also a blast!  We actually spent the weekend at home and went to a neighborhood cook-out.  It was so nice staying home for the weekend!  I wanted to share the pie recipe I told you about.  My husband’s favorite dessert combination is chocolate and peanut butter.  I have a vase that I keep on our coffee table filled with different candies for the seasons.  Whenever I have Peanut Butter Cups in there, they last about a day.  He is obsessed!  I found this pie recipe and thought I would give it a shot.  He loved it!!  And, so did everyone else.  It’s also easy to make.  Here it is.

pie

Peanut Butter Cup Pie

20 milk chocolate kisses

2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 (5 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix

1 3/4 cups milk

1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked

1. Melt chocolate with the whipping cream over the stove. Stir until smooth and spread evenly over the bottom of the pie shell. Refrigerate until ready to fill; chocolate should be firm before filling.

2. Put dry pudding mix and peanut butter in heavy saucepan. Over low heat, gradually stir in the milk using a wire whisk. Stir constantly  until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring often.  Pour peanut butter filling into crust.  Chill several hours.

3. Top with whipped topping and crushed peanut butter cups or, like I did, Reese’s Pieces.  Voila!  Enjoy!

And, of course, I had to find a reason to make a funfetti cake, my absolute favorite.  So, I decided to make one and call it a “fireworks cake”.  You cut it open and see a burst of colors.  That works, right?  Maybe it’s a stretch.  I painted blue stars on top and used red sprinkles to fill in the gaps.  Here is a side shot.  At least I was able to get in my fix of funfetti!

cake

Next post, update on our furry baby!!  I mentioned in a previous post how I will be out of town when we can pick him up, which is a week from this Saturday!!  Eeek!  Well, God is good.  Update to come!

Happy Wednesday!

Blessings/XOXO

17 comments:

  1. I think I would have DIED if I couldn't have had my camera -- you handled it way better than I would have :)

    I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate! I'll have to try this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I want to go home and make that pie!! My FAV is Reese's. I could live of them haha! Yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my hubby's fav. (peanutbutter and choc).
    I think if he could, he'd bath in it.
    But your cake looks soooooo good
    Glad you had a relaxing weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - well aren't you Miss Suzy Homemaker. ha ha :-P I am TOTALLY looking for an excuse to make this pie, and totally jealous of your artsy skills on the funfetti cake (ALSO my fave, btw!!). Love it and can't WAIT to hear about your furry little one. How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Little Jewelry BoxJuly 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM

    Aww! Thank you so much! I am so happy you found my blog! Shall we follow one another:) Happy networking! And great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM looks delicious. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star.ving!!! LOL I love peanut butter cups, so that didn't help my lunch time cravings :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is SERIOUSLY cute! Thanks for the comment, btw. I love new blog friends!

    Have a great day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm...love PB&C!!! haha...And Funfetti is my fave too! Gosh...you're sooo domestic! I wonder if I'll ever do things like this, sigh, haha. Love you! You are an inspiration missy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I am going to have to try it! It sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, that recipe looks like one I am going to have to try ASAP! Glad you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! You're right, we do seem like two peas in a pod.

    I love your tag line about your journal being in pink. So cute!

    Both of these desserts sound yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so yummy!! I have to make a pie next week for a wedding and I think I'm going to make this.

    By the way.... I love love your new layout! I have been on vacation the last few weeks and am just cathcing up with my blogging. It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I had the ingredients to make this immediately, I would. Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete