Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bringing home {furry} baby!

The video above is the most recent one sent to us by our breeders!  We have been receiving videos every week since they have been born.  It is so much fun watching them grow!  Did I mention that the breeders are a husband and wife team who are BOTH veterinarians?  How cool is that?!  Needless to say, we felt pretty good about the litter and the conditions in which they would be kept.  This video cracks me up!  I love the two little guys who seem confused about whether or not to join the others.  The litter has eleven puppies and seven of them are males.  That is by far the largest number of males we have seen in a litter so far!  This makes it nice for us considering we want a male.  No one actually picks their puppy out until next Saturday, so it’s kind of neat watching this and realizing that ONE of these puppies will be ours!  Oh my goodness, are they not the cutest?!

You may remember this post when I asked for huge prayers about the breeders changing the ‘bring home’ date. I knew it was extremely unlikely, considering the puppies have to be 8 weeks old before they can leave their mom.  I was desperate though, because I have a flight booked to leave the DAY BEFORE for Maine.  My girlfriends and my mom and I are all spending a week there.  I’m super excited about the trip, but I couldn’t help be sad that not only would I not be able to help pick which puppy will be ours, but I will miss seeing what he looks like at the smallest he will ever be.  At this rate, even after one week he will be so much bigger. Well, to make a long story short, hubsy told me this is an important enough event that I should go ahead and change my plane ticket.  This is HUGE.  It’s such a blessing to have an understanding husband, and such an amazing mom and amazing best friends who are 100% supportive (they will now all be in Maine the first night without me).  I am so excited.  For the past six weeks I have been under the understanding that it just isn’t possible for me to be there on the big day.  But now, I can.  This day is a whole photo album in our puppy’s, and our, life!  Haha.  SO EXCITED I GET TO BE THERE!  We pick him up a week from this Saturday; I’ll have the whole day and night with our new little family, and then on Sunday I am off to Maine!  Oh, and more about Maine in another post to come; I have grown up going to Maine my whole life – LOVE it!

So, God answered my prayers in a different way than I had asked.  He is full of surprises, I just love it.  We are still in the final decision process for picking out his name.  Can’t wait to share!  Some of you may think I am ridiculous, talking about this and making decisions like we are bringing home an actual baby, haha.  But for now, this little guy WILL be our baby!  And it’s a big thing for us because we haven’t owned a pet together, ever.   Okay, I don’t want to make this a novel.  Thanks for reading!

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend! We’re leaving tonight to go home to my parent’s house.  My sister from Houston and my niece and nephew are in town!  This means my WHOLE family will be together this weekend; my other sister and niece already live here.  This only happens about twice a year!  Can’t wait to share pictures!

Blessings/XOXO

15 comments:

  1. Greetings from Turkey.Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!! How can you not love them?!?! It makes me want one and we have too. I'm glad you get to be there his first night home. Kyle and I changed our date night so we could be home with Tucker his first night. Have you picked out a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everything worked out so you can bring home your little bundle of joy together!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

    And oh my...they are the cutest puppies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOTALLY understand wanting to be there to pick out your sweet puppy! I dont think its silly one bit! I'm so jealous youre going to Maine...I've always wanted to go there. Have a fun trip...and picking out the newest addition to the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH!!!! I can't wait to see which one you pick!! So so exciting!!! Puppies are so awesome! I love my baby! I look at her everyday and think "What did I do with out you?!" Seriously, like a child! LOL! They love you unconditonal! Aw I'm so excited and happy for yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! We just got a new puppy last weekend and she's adorable :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Bringing home a puppy is the sweetest thing ever (for those of us without kiddos yet). When my husband and I brought our first puppy home, both of our hearts melted! Do you have some potential names picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable puppies! So glad that everything worked out and can't wait to see the pictures! My family just got a new puppy in april and they seriously are like little kids...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... this puppy will have such a wonderful home with you and your hubby :) If only all animals were this blessed to have wonderful parents like you :) Congrats on getting to see your puppy when you wanted too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your compliment!

    The puppies absolutely adorable!! I bet you're so so excited to bring yours home :)

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was the cutest video. Those are such cute puppies. How excitiing that you will be there when he comes home. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I'm so glad you get to be there! It's definitely a day you'll remember forever. I can't wait to see your little guy and find out his name. Hey I tagged you for something but no pressure to do it :-) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! So happy for ya'll!! Bring home your pup for the first time is definitely something you will want to do together, I'm glad it worked out!

    Even though our little one (now 5 months) is a pain in the booty sometimes.....OK a lot of the time....we can't imagine our lives without her!

    Good luck and get ready to pull from your secret stash of patience:) You'll need them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and it is so adorable! Love the title. :) Your puppy is too cute. I know how it's so hard to wait for them to come home from the breeder. Get ready for lots of photos and training!! :)

    ReplyDelete