Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Countdown

I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post! I feel like everything is moving SO quickly and there just aren't enough days in this month. How has your week been? Can you believe this Sunday is Easter?! I'm super excited; I love Easter, but I can't believe it's already here! Goodness, I feel like I have so many things in general to share. Here is a little rundown...

The image above portrays the enthusiasm and excitement felt by the Tar Heels and also by...ME! I won our whole bracket!!! I couldn't believe it! The funny thing is that I won it back in college too when my husband and I were first dating. I was the only girl in the pool and won the whole thing solely based on picking schools that I felt personal connections with, ha. I love UNC's colors so I picked them to win this year over the other schools I thought may be good. I know, I know...it's ridiculous - but, by george, I won! A sweet victory indeed. :o)



I have spent the first part of this week running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but we're going to Italy in three weeks!! We'll be gone for ten days and I couln't be more thrilled and excited! I'll post a little more about the trip as we get closer to leaving. Sooooo, I realized on Monday that my passport is in my maiden name. PROBLEM! I started panicking and calling every post office and embassy information center I could get my hands on. Some people said it wouldn't be a problem as long as I have my marriage license, but others said it will definitely be a problem. Luckily, every thing worked out okay once I realized that I could expedite it and get back my new passport in two weeks. BUT THEN, it occurred to me that I'm leaving for Toronto on a business trip in about two weeks. PROBLEM #2! I could definitely get away with having my marriage certificate and old passport when going to Toronto, but it didn't matter because my passport and marriage certificate were about to be mailed out - so I wouldn't have ANYTHING. I was a really big mess on Monday and Tuesday. I ended up expediting every possible thing I could, and I am now guaranteed to get everything back before my Toronto trip, and definitely before Italy. On this note, I just want to say how incredibly excited and thankful I am to be going on such amazings trips soon. I traveled so much in my previous job and only recently started getting the travel bug again. Italy has been planned for months, but I just found out about my work trip to Toronto and it couldn't have come at a better time. Praise God for these awesome blessings!!


Now on to Easter! I am so excited because this Easter, for the very first time in our marriage, we have decided to stay home and celebrate with just the two of us. We have never been on our own for a holiday! We absolutely love spending holidays with our families, but I really am excited to spend this holiday with just my hubby. We have it all planned out. We're going to church in the morning (this is exciting because we just found a church in our new area that we love), and then we're going to (attempt) to cook us a yummy Easter feast followed by a day of relaxing and fun "Easter-y" activities, like dyeing Easter eggs. I went to the store and bought everything on Monday because I just know if we wait to buy eggs this weekend they will probably be sold out - don't forget to get yours soon! Oh, and my husband said he's going to hide eggs and make me find them. I really don't think he's kidding either. SO, now I am super excited to share with you what I'll be making for our Easter meal! It is definitely not your typical Easter fare, but it's something we are both really excited about. I will make sure I post the menu either tomorrow or on Friday, depending on work, but I promise I will get it posted.

Whew, I've been a little long winded in this post, but I guess that's what happens when I go almost a week with out posting! I hope the rest of your week leading up to Good Friday is full of thanksgiving and blessings! Thank you so much for the thoughtful words you have been leaving after my posts, they have meant a lot to me and have been encouraging. A few of you asked if I would share any yummy recipes or cool finds from our bazillion magazines we'll be getting and I just want to say that I am thrilled to share and will definitely keep you posted.

Happy Wednesday!
*** all pictures were found on Google Images

13 comments:

  1. Aww how awesome about your trips! Can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! This month has been super busy for me as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny about winning the bracket because you like their colors. That is my hubbies team, so he was excited they won. I chose UConn, but they got bumped by MSU. Congrats on winning.
    Hope you have a wonderful Easter with you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That passport story sounds like such a mess! I often think I need to get a new one in my married name just in case I ever need it!
    Yay for Italy! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Italy!! How awesome, take lots of pics and have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on winning the bracket!! Way to represent the females. ha ha

    And I'm SO jealous of Italy and Toronto!! But now that you mention all of this, it reminded me that my passport is in my maiden name as well. AAHH!! Not that I'm planning to travel anytime soon, but sheesh - one more thing to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, i'm so glad you got the passport craziness worked out! that is so exciting that you guys are going to Italy! and you get to go to toronto too, you'll have to post all about it=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay traveling!!!! Hahah me + passports have a bad history with each other.

    Can't wait to hear about your Easter!! Will you be in Italy for it?? We went to the Vatican on Easter and it was amazinggggg. Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there-

    The bowling place I mentioned in my post is 300 Bowl (I've never been, but was told it was renovated and is supposed to be super swanky). ;-)

    I just looked up Lucky Strike and it looks so cool! It says one is 'coming soon' to Houston?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh..he's gonna hide eggs? How cute! very cute!
    You have a great Easter! I'm super excited for you and your fab. trip ! wee bit envious...big sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awesome about the trips!! I can't wait to hear all about them when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have easy travels and your trips are fabulous. I'm so glad that you got all of your problems taken care of!

    Have a happy Easter! We'll be staying home this year too and I am really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete