Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cinque Terre

Happy Thursday! I wrote on Monday how I have been under the weather, and man this thing is really kicking my butt! I am trying so hard to get this flu kicked so I can be 100% healthy and ready for our trip; I'm almost there! I'm actually leaving on Sunday for a business trip to Toronto too, so I have been doing a lot of resting and throwing back liquids. Thank you for your sweet words and well wishes to get better, I really appreciate it!! I wanted to jump on here and write a quick post, and I knew Cinque Terre would be the perfect topic. I feel incredibly blessed that I had the opportunity to spend a summer abroad in Italy during college. I developed friendships and memories to last a lifetime. My favorite spot in Italy was Cinque Terre on the Italian Riviera. If you've been there, I bet it's your favorite spot too. Cinque Terre literally means five lands/villages; five fishing villages that are connected with trails. The villages are known for their fresh seafood and homemade pesto. I remember sitting on a bench overlooking the ocean and being completely in awe of what I was seeing and experiencing. I told myself that some day, I would be back here with my husband. I had absolutely no idea who that person was or what he looked like, but I knew I would be back there with him. That's where we're going! It is so crazy to think that God knew exactly who I would be back there with, my studly husband. The coolest part about this whole trip coming up is that it is a gift from my in-laws. What an amazing gift! My husband's parents surprised us and bought a trip for us, his two brothers and themselves. We leave a week from tomorrow and will be gone for ten days. It is like a dream come true. I'm posting a few pictures below. I know there has to be SOME photoshop techniques done to the images, but honestly, the colors when you are seeing it in person are just as vibrant. Isn't it beautiful? If you make it to Italy, will you please go there? I promise you that you will LOVE it. Heck, come with us! :o)

I hope you have an amazing weekend!! These next few weeks will be a bit scattered for me on the blog scene. I will be on here as much as I can to keep up with your wonderful blogs, please know the comments will be coming on full force when I get back! I will definitely be here next week to post before we leave, but it will probably be a short one. Business trip to Toronto, packing and getting ready for Italy, and trying to get ALL better before we leave is starting to sound like an exhausting few days ahead! But well worth it. :o) Happy Thursday and God Bless!

20 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are still under the weather, but oh my goodness what an amazing trip you are going on!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous!!! So awesome! Love the pics! Have a fab time
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! We are supposed to be going there on Memorial Day and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're feeling better! The flu bug stinks.

    I have never heard of this particular spot in Italy and I want to go...now! It is truly beautiful. I really hope to get to Italy in the next few years. The pictures you posted are amazing. Can you imagine living in one of those homes?

    That was such a sweet gift from the in-laws and I am so happy for you that you get to go back and experience it with your husband. You will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that is so great! I studied abroad in Florence in college and I ALWAYS seem to be bringing up Cinque Terre! Have a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, now i see why you love that place so much. Absolutely gorgeous. What a present that your inlaws gave you. How Awesome! Get better and enjoy both of your upcoming trips. So jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel 100% asap! And my goodness...what an awesome trip u have coming up! Those pictures are amazing! I can't wait till my hubby and I go Italy! Thats our dream...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Love them. have a great time on your trips and hope you feel 100% better by then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place! I sooo want to go there some time! Lucky girl! Cant wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING!!! I DO HOPE TO GO THERE SOMEDAY SOON! And you KNOW i'd get in your suitcase and go with if that was a possibility!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place! I would love to go!

    Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - that is BEAUTIFUL!! McStudly and I plan to visit Europe and Italy is the top of the list. Now, I'll just make it more specific and say that Cinque Terre is going to be the top of the list. It looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for the awesome point in the right direction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better for your trip to Toronto and Italy! Those pictures are amazing! I haven't been to Cinque Terre but I want to go! Those pics remind me of the island of Capri near Naples. Italy is incredible! Take lots of pics on your trips to share on your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeousssss. You just bit me with the traveling bug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish Addy-Bear and I were joining you! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Have so much fun! Husby is dying to go to Cinque Terre!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful trip! Hope you have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! Have a fab time!! EEEKK!! I'm so excited for you..
    I'll fit in your suitcase...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow looks like such a beautiful place. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks simply breathtaking there! You are really lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete