Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recipe Week

Hellooooo, Hello!  I feel like I’m baaaaack!  YAY!

This is a great week.  I have officially donned it Recipe Week in our house.  This Sunday we’re hosting a super bowl party and I just absolutely ADORE hosting anything, especially in our abode.  I also love any excuse to come up with a menu full of dips, appetizers and football snackies, galore.  YUM, I’m hungry just thinking about it.  Before I get to the super bowl goodness, I promised last week that I would share the super-easy, super-delish Chocolate Cream Silk pie recipe that my mom gave me and was a hit.  Here it is!

Ingredients:  2 eggs, 1 stick of butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 square baking chocolate (I even used the nifty pre-melted pouches – talk about EASY!), whipped cream, store bought graham cracker crust, block of German chocolate for shavings, and a bag of almonds to toast and garnish to your pleasing.

* Use store bought whipped cream or make your own!  My mom taught me how to make my own and I swear I will never go back to the store bought stuff again.  YUMMO!  Whip together 1 cup heavy cream, 1 T sugar and 1/2t vanilla until you get the perfect, ideal consistency.  Keep watching it! 

Directions: 1. Cream butter and sugar until very fluffy  2. Add chocolate square  3. Add 1 egg and beat for 5 minutes (seriously, time it, it’s the trick to the flavor and silkiness)  4. Add 2nd egg and beat, again, for 5 minutes  5. Pour into prepared pie crust.  6. Chill  7. Add whipped topping  8. Use a vegetable peeler and shave off pieces of chocolate from the German Chocolate bar onto the top  9. Toast some almonds and sprinkle on top – this little touch was AWESOME.  I highly recommend adding them.

Voila!  Enjoy!  Let me know if you try making it.  I loveee no-bake, effortless desserts.

So far on the menu for this Sunday I have Crockpot meatballs for meatball subs, a vegetable platter, queso dip, sour cream and onion dip, guacamole, perhaps a seven layer dip, and I’m eyeing these Texas Hold-Ums Mini Chipotle Beef Burgers with Warm Fire Roasted Garlic Ketchup from the Food Network.  Ahhh, there are too many things that sound like so much fun to make and serve.  I would actually keep on adding things to our food list, but, here’s the thing – everyone is already bringing their own dish, too.  I think we will have a TON of food!  I am still, however, taking pleasure in perusing recipes and continuously tweaking the recipe list.  The dips are SO easy to make, so I want to add some new, fun elements, as well.  I don’t think I will EVER tire of browsing recipes.  Loveee it!

For today, I present what I deem the world’s best guacamole recipe.  EVER.  I take absolutely no credit for it, by the way.  But people still always ask me to make it and bring it.  I shared this recipe (and the world’s-easiest-best-EVER salsa recipe) last year for the super bowl and I wanted to share it with you again this year.  I’ll share the salsa recipe later this week!

recipecard

Mix all of the above ingredients together.  If you have trouble chopping the cilantro finely, use some kitchen scissors.  Start with half of the lime and add more after you taste it.  I also use a potato masher to get the avocados nice and soft.  Mmmmmmm, I think I could live off of guacamole.  Pretty easy!  I love that this recipe only uses fresh ingredients.  Perfection, indeed.

Happy Cooking!

Blessings/XOXO

11 comments:

  1. yummy!! I have to try these out girl! Hope your having a great week! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great SuperBowl!

    I agree..I love to entertain..just as long there is food :)

    Have a great time!!

    Your menu sounds delish!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love recipe week!! Thanks for sharing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. guac=♥
    thanks for your recipes!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh thanks...I have to think of what I'm going to take to my party...normally my friends in ATL would request something, but now that I'm in CHS and going to a strangers house I really have to impress and pick the perfect recipe! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! The guacamole sounds delicious and I would love to make this for the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumm!! I love making snackie foods!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pie sounds amazing. Can't wait to try it. I hope you have a great Super bowl party. I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love hosting events and cooking lots of yummy, like d.a.r. put it, snackie foods! your party is going to be amazing! and I have a couple graham cracker crusts that I got on sale that I need to use, and right when I read chocolate cream silk pie, I knew it, your recipe would be perfect (we've been talking about me making one but I didn't have a good recipe)!! uh oh! and we have some snow coming this weekend! that means lots of baking and eating=) you are going to be partially to blame for my weight gain if I make it, haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe.

    Blessings,
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've become addicted to quacamole!!! :)

    ReplyDelete