Monday, February 22, 2010

Capturing my heart.

Saturday evening, my rock star of a husband whisked me away to Bolete.

17341

Named one of the top 105 hottest new restaurants internationally by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine.  Set in an old farmhouse.  Perfection.

I love food and wine.  An ohhhh how I loved the food and wine at Bolete.

During dinner, he pulled out an envelope for me.

The contents: An enrollment for the two of us to attend a four week….

17341

A course where we MAKE our OWN wine with our OWN label.  After all is said and done, we will have 30 bottles of our own grape goodness to take home.

I mean, seriously.

My heart was exploding.

I can’t wait to tuck a few bottles away to give to our children on their wedding day.

What a SWEET, romantic and PERFECT weekend, finally HOME and back in the arms of my Love.

A week in Las Vegas, away from the comfort of my husband and our home, was such a sweet reminder of the blessings God has bestowed upon my marriage.  I am in awe of His goodness and His gifts.

  I hope you all had a wonderful week and weekend.  We have so much to catch up on!

More to come on Las Vegas and the fabulous Julie & Julia night I hosted for my precious family!  In the mean time, I will be busy getting back into the swing of things and enjoying restaurant week here in our happy town.  I love restaurant week.  As if Saturday evening weren’t perfect enough, we had reservations at a yummy sushi place last night and tonight we have reservations at Shula’s.  My husband sure does know the way to my heart.  He loves home cooked meals, and so do I – but, it’s nice to have a string of evenings set up where we can try yummy restaurants and different cuisines at half the price.  And it’s nice to have a break from cooking.  Who invented restaurant week?  I love you.  Also on the agenda this week - LOTS and LOTS of running.  Which, by the way, I need to catch you up on my latest running adventures.  More on that to come, too.

Sweet blessings to you all.

Have a wonderful and happy Monday.

17 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious gift from your hubby! Enjoy restaurant week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a creative and wonderful gift! Dinner sounds fab too. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm glad Vegas was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know i probably already have it, but can you send me your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a lovely gift :) how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great gift from ur hubby. soo cute! next time i visit my parents i will have to check out that restaurant. my grandparents live in bethlehem still...been there for over 60 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable and sweet husband you have! Oh, this just makes me *swell*.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing! What a fantastic gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie pie you are married too. He does know your heart. That is too cute. Whoever thought of Restaurant week needs to bring that idea here. I have never heard of that. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Making wine sounds like such a good husband/wife quality time :) And being able to enjoy it in the future and maybe even give some to your kids one day - too cute. I can't wait to hear about your time in Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow- he really did it up! What a creative and unique gift- I can't believe you're going to make your own wine! I love it! Hope you're well sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! He really did a great job!! Sounds like a very fun time! Have fun making your own wine, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great gift idea!! I can't wait to hear about it.

    Not fair we don't have a restaurant week here, it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds incredible!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete