Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mmmmm…

It’s almost here!  September is officially here and fall is more than just around the corner, it’s pretty much at the front door just waiting to grace us with its presence!  I have officially brought out my favorite candles for this time of year and I must say, my heart is overwhelmed with happiness every time I inhale these glorious scents.  I think I have said to my husband every night, for the past three nights, that I am just head over heels in love, and on cloud nine, that fall is pretty much here.  Even the wind seems to have a skip in its step; the weather has been beautiful!  I’m excited to share two of my must-haves in the scent department for this season.  I can’t wait to come back next week and start sharing several other things that this time of year signifies to me and the little details that make my heart sing.  Have an AMAZING Labor day weekend! I have a four day weekend ahead of me that starts tonight, and I couldn’t be more excited.  Pictures to come!  Now, on to these little pieces of heaven…

firewood5 An all time FAVORITE of mine: Henri Bendel’s Firewood scent.  I love it so much that I’ve already done a post on it here.  I love all of his candles, but mmmm, this one reminds me of a men’s cologne and is just PERFECT for this time of year.  

farmers market

Yankee Candle’s Farmers Market scent.  It’s subtle and has the perfect combination of spices and fruits.  Mmmmm, more yummy-ness.

What are some of your must-have candle “flavors” for fall?  I would love ideas on what to add to my collection!

Blessings/XOXO

PS. I can’t end this post without giving a special shout out to my Nittany Lions. First football game of the season is this Saturday!!!!  SOOOOOO EXCITED!

16 comments:

  1. Mmm...Farmers Market sounds devine! I love pumpkin anythihng!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell when I first walk into Michael's craft store. I found a candle that smells just like that. It permeates the whole house and you'd never know it's a candle making your house smell so good.

    It's Kathy Ireland ID Solutions for Men by Hannah's Candle Company: The scent is, Aromatic Herbs

    Here is a link to it on-line. http://www.hannascandles.com/pc-336-10-aromatic-herbs-95oz-square-tumbler.aspx

    It is absolutely divine. I discovered it through my sister. Never before, has a candle had such an effect on my senses like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like they are a total dream to smell!! my fav scents are cinnamon vanilla, pumpkin pie, and apple pie for this time of year..My hubby gets so disappointed when he walked in the house and it smells like I have been baking all day and theres nothing but a candle sitting on the counter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I feel exactly the same way you do. I LOVE FALL!! I'm not sad that summer is about over at all

    One of my favorite fall scents is Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath and Body Works. It smells amazing for fall or Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Yankee Candles. I'll have to check that one out! Sounds like something I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, Pumpkin..anything pumpkin..handsoap, candles, body lotion, ...ummm.....love this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love fall. I cannot go without my pumpkin pie yankee candle. YUM ! I cannot wait to start burning candles again. I was just thinking that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love fall too! We were just saying the same thing yesterday, it finally started cooling off here! Bath and Body works has Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, mmm it smells like fall=)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, how I love Yankee Candle's. One of my favorite's for fall is Autumn Leaves. It smells like fall, but with a touch of cinnamon. So yummy and cozy smelling. I also like the Pumpkin spice.

    Over at my blog today I posted about college football as well. Love love this time of year. It's harder than years passed, but I'm excited for the season to start. I love UofM...hopefully we will have a better season this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore candles, something so romantic about them. I love ones with a slight zing to them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with Circle E candles. I don't really rotate candle scents with the seasons since we only have about two seasons in Louisiana. My two favorite scents are Eternity (smells like a man's cologne. yum.) and Santa Fe. I'll have to smell that Farmer's Market one, it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I just stumbled on your blog (it's super cute!) and I think we're a match made in Heaven! I burn candles all the time....I love the scent and It also relaxes me. One of my favorites are the Voluspa candles. They are sold at Anthropologie (and probably other places too...) and I love the majority of their scents. Also, you are not going to believe this, but the mainstay candles at Wal-Mart are like $3.25 each and smell great! I like the Mulled Cider in the fall and the Coconut Lime in the Summer! Happy shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, one more....the Candy Cane scent from Tyler Candle Company...unbelieveable! Thinking about it makes me want to go home and put up my Christmas tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Paddywax's Quince Spice! I am burning Yankee Candle's Cider Brew righr now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Bendel candles too! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete