Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Freeeeeeee Falling

Ahhh, today is perfect!  The weather is so cozy, my latte is scrumptious, I’m up to speed on all of my work projects – AND – this weekend kicks off the beginning of several fabulous festivities!  Before I divulge into further details about this weekend, I have to speak of this past weekend - my hubby ROCKED it on Sunday!  He finished his half marathon like a rock star and is so excited for the next steps in training for his triathlon.  I couldn’t be prouder of him!

HALFMAR

And as if the day couldn’t get any better, guess who we bumped into…

DSC041862

A week from this Friday we are going up for our annual PSU football weekend and I am THRILLED!!!!  Oh man, I wait for this all year.  Just being back at our old stomping grounds, with all of our friends, is sooo special.  Hubby and I met at Penn State and fell in love there – so PSU is special all on its own for that reason, but it’s also special because, let’s be honest, it’s pretty much the greatest school on the planet (ahem, not biased at all).  SO EXCITED!

BUT, first things first – I am so excited for THIS weekend!  Hubby’s birthday is a week from today, and this weekend we’re kicking off the festivities. The best part is that he has NO idea (don’t worry, he knows when it’s almost birthday time that he can’t read my little blog).  My adorable niece has a birthday two days before hubby and her birthday party is this Sunday – a complete fairy princess party, too cute.  Hubby thinks her party is on Saturday morning and is all set for a weekend devoted to the little fairy princess.  We’ll wake up Saturday morning and head off “to her party”, but we’ll actually completely bypass the area and head straight to a special place where he will be surprised with this…

skydiving

Hubby’s going skydiving!  I have had the awesome blessing and opportunity to go skydiving, not just once, but three times.  It’s VERY addicting.  Hubby has never been and I know once we have a family his desire to skydive will dwindle quite a bit (I think it has something to do with the fact that you willingly jump out of a plane, ha!).  This weekend, it’s hubby’s turn! He is going to be so excited, I can’t wait!  I’m getting the whole thing videotaped and on camera, so I will definitely come back with lots of pictures. Afterwards he has a surprise birthday dinner and several birthday shenanigans.  Then on Sunday we will be attending a very special fairy princess party.  It’s going to be a great weekend!  I’ll be back with tons of pics.  In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your week!  Oh, and please excuse the once-weekly updated blog these days.  Whew, such a busy bee!

Blessings/XOXO

skydiving photo courtesy of zagrebstag online

20 comments:

  1. oh gosh, you're a lot more daring than i'll ever be!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna you are SO cute- I love that you're suprising your man with such an EXCITING Saturday! WOW... he is going to love it! Isn't it SO fun to make birthdays so special and such a big event!?! Hope you're well sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very exciting for him. Are you sure he won't be more excited about the fairy princess party? :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have gone 3 times, amazing!! So exciting that your hubs gets to go, you are a very daring couple, haha!=) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I SOOO want to go skydiving someday! That is so exciting, and I'm sure he is going to love the surprise. Just make sure he's careful with his landing...I had a friend who broke her femur while landing from a skydive -- eek! :P I'm sure he'll do great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great weekend! More power to you for skydiving...just not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's SO amazing!! I've wanted to go skydiving for the LONGEST time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can't believe you've been sky diving 3 times!! What a great thing to surprise your husband with on his b'day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skydiving?! That's crazy. Who am I kidding. I've always wanted to go :)

    My brother is at Penn State now and LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting weekend!! You'll have to tell us all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to go skydiving!! I bet he will have a blast!! Such cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. NO WAY! How fun for your hubs. What a cool and fun wife your are. Congrats on his half marathon too. Great job! Cute pictures of you two as usual. Love your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great week...Tell your hubby "Good Luck" with the skydiving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are quite adventurous and yur hubby is going to love being surprised. (as long as he's not afraid of heights)

    You are the cutest couple ever and you are always so upbeat in your posts. I just love reading everything you write about. Hopefully, some of your positive energy will rub off on me.

    Sounds like an awesome week planned. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, you guys look great. Sounds so great. Have fun (like you wouldn't)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must be the cutest couple I've ever seen!I'm getting married to my soul mate next year and I can't wait! You seem like a really sweet person so I wish you all the best xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic surprise!! I can't wait to hear how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow girl! You are so brave to skydive 3 times! That's incredibly sweet of you to plan such an amazing surprise for your husband's birthday! Have a wonderful weekend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Skydiving...well I think that is something I will never do. I don't think I have enough guts to do that. I'm kind of a whimp that way.

    It sounds like you have a great weekend planned. I can't wait to hear about it and to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great surprise... although I CANNOT IMAGINE EVER JUMPING OUT OF A PLANE UNLESS IT WAS ON FIRE!!!

    ReplyDelete