Thursday, September 10, 2009

Five Faves

Wow, is it really already Thursday?!  My goodness this week has flown!  I don’t work on Fridays as it is, so by having Monday off and tomorrow off, I think I have officially had one of the shortest work weeks EVER.  No complaining here!  How was your Labor Day weekend?  Ours was FULL and FABULOUS.  Work is pretty busy this week (gee, five days of work packed into three, I wonder why!), and our nights have been even busier so it leaves a less than desirable amount of time to post regularly.  I’m not complaining though, I love a busy lifestyle!  It’s nice to be kept on my toes.  First of all, I have to say that your comments on the post below were AWESOME; you recommended some pretty amazing candles and scents that I can’t wait to try.  If you are in the market for a new candle, I would highly recommend checking out the previous post and reading everyone’s comments.  SO FUN!  Now, let’s talk about more ‘faves’.  Besides candles, here are a few other favorites of mine for this lovely time of year. 

1.  Chanel’s Kaleidoscope nail polish.  I’m actually going to the nail salon tomorrow to sport this beauty!

kaleidoscope

2.  Sassy rain boots – I bought these green Burberry ones a few years ago to wear in the spring, but they are super cute with black leggings and a cream scarf.  LOVE the green.  Aren’t rain boots the best?!  Fun and practical at the same time.

burberry_greenboot

3.  Lip gloss – Okay, quite honestly, my lips are NEVER without lip gloss regardless of the season, but I feel the fall and winter months are even more crucial.  (1) I am paler than I am in the summer, of course, and having that extra hue of color on my lips is so helpful in detracting from my lack of glow.  Oh, which, by the way, bronzer should probably be #1 on this list, but perhaps a post dedicated entirely to a necessity like bronzer would be more appropriate.  (2)  I want to keep these puckers hydrated!  Chapped lips are certainly not on my list of faves and I know my hubby appreciates this.

MAC – Local Colour and Viva Glam

mac

mac2

Nars – Pillow Talk (not the color shown)

nars

And Juicy tubes are always appearing at the bottom of my purse.

juicy

4.  Homemade gingerbread – I grew up in TX where cold weather is pretty non existent for the majority of the year.  Every year, on the first day the weather provided the slightest little nod towards fall, my mom would greet me after school with a pan of homemade gingerbread.  The smell still floods my heart with memories.  (Yes, trying to concoct a gluten free version – a little nervous; I’ll let you know how it goes!)

gingerbreadloaf

5. You’ve Got Mail – This movie gets me so excited for this time of year.  I love the scene where Tom Hanks and the kiddos partake in the fall festival and walk around the golden hued streets of NYC.  Oh, and I absolutely adore her little shop.  AND, I love watching everyone sip their coffee and say things like,  “…a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils”.  Le Sigh.  Perf.

you've got mail

Okay, these are not officially part of my list, but are definitely a love interest. The following earrings from Anthropologie are currently NOT in my possession, and MAY or MAY NOT be in route to my house. I’m just saying…

butterfly earrings

IN LOVE.

What do you get excited to wear, eat or watch around this time of year?

Have a WONDERFUL rest of your week and weekend!

Hubby is training for a triathlon and part of his training includes a half marathon this weekend.  I am SO excited to watch him and am SO proud of him!!  I will definitely bring the camera.

Blessings!/XOXO

23 comments:

  1. that ginger bread looks amazing :)

    and im the same way with the lipgloss tubes except mine are alwayys VS's beauty rush tubes.. i always buy them when they're 3 for $15 and they all seem to congregate at the bottom of my purse!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to wear my fall clothes and have a fire. Have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've Got Mail has been my favorite movie for years!!

    I'm ready to pull out my scarves and jackets.
    Fall is the best season. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that nail polish color and those boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some of my favs too! Anthropologie and MAC...not sure I could live without them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got mail is my ultimate favorite movie!! I especially enjoy watching it in the fall and winter cozied up with a nice blanket and that gingerbread sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JACKETS!!! I LURVE jackets... for real - they are the BEST! And I absolutely LOVE layering, which is pretty difficult to do in the summer. But it's my fave, which is why FALL is my fave. Hooray for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "You've Got Mail" puts me in the mood for fall, too! (And the holidays, and spring, actually :-)). I've watched that movie so many times I probably know all the lines by heart :-) I might have to watch it this weekend now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Youve Got Mail too...I always pull that out when I'm in the mood for fall! Love the rainboots too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a big fan of gingerbread, but I have to tell you that looks oh so yummy! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    I'm not a big fan of fall or winter. I hate to be cold. I'm a summer girl through and through. Don't ask me why I have only lived in 'cold' states my entire life. Anyways, I did buy some amazing yoga pants the other day and about the best sweat shirt I have ever got. I can't wait to wear both of them on the cold dreary days.

    I also love You've Got Mail. It is always one of the moives that I watch this time of year, or whenever I happen to catch it on TV.

    The lip gloss cracked me up. I have gloss on my lips just about 24/7. I used to wear the Juicy tubes, then my friend turned me onto CS Bigalow from Bath and Body Works and I LOVE it. I always have one in my purse and in the car. They were even on sale the other day, so I now have 7 waiting to be used. They come in all sorts of great flavors, but mint in my favorite.

    Oh, the rain boots are adorable. I'm afraid i couldn't pull those off though. I'm too short and would end up looking like a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen those green boots before, how cute! I have the Burberry print rainboots, and they get more wear than anything I own living in Seattle! I can't wait to start wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love those boots and earrings!! Hope you have a great weekend! = )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I basically LOVE everything on this list!! All so fantastic. And where do you work, lady, that you have Friday's off...and where can I sign up? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your list and that color from Chanel looks great. The Burberry rain boots are darling and I cannot live without lip gloss either.

    The gingerbread looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted a pair of those green boots. They are so cute. Yum to the gingerbread.
    With two daughters you know we love us some lipgloss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stopping by to touch base. My blog has been growing so rapidly I haven't had time to come for visits. I miss all of my blog friends and needed to stop in just to say hi and invite you to come for a visit as well.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the first MAC lipgloss and love YGM, and the gingerbread .. okay I'll stop there.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun list. That nail color looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a graveyard of lip gloss!
    I'm always buying more...then, I realized..always close to the same shade..ugh! Stop this madness!!
    **LOve**. the rubber boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that Chanel polish.

    And Burberry boots will match my umbrella. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am obsessed with that Chanel polish. HAVE to have that. And those rainboots are too stinkin' cute. If only it wasn't hot and nasty here about 360 days a year! Hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your entire list!! and I agree with all of it=)! ha! I hope you're doing great girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yum!! gingerbread! I'm so excited for fall. If you find a gluten-free recipe that's good, definitely share!

    ReplyDelete