Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Celebrate.

Hello, sweet friends.  I will return next week with tons of pictures and updates from the amazing weekend we had.  This week we are spending our time in Pittsburgh celebrating the life of my husband’s precious grandfather who went home to be with Jesus yesterday morning.  It is so so sad to lose a loved one, but so so sweet to know that his grandfather is in paradise with our awesome Creator and is experiencing NO pain!  Praise God for that!  I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to have him in my life these past few years.  He loved the Lord with all his heart and was such an inspiration to both my husband and me.  We are celebrating such an amazing and FULL life that he had!

Tomorrow is also my husband’s birthday! This week really is a celebration of sorts.  I am so excited to celebrate the birth of my precious hubby.  I can’t wait to post pictures next week from his birthday festivities this past weekend – his surprise skydiving trip was a HUGE success!  He was THRILLED, and we have so many incredible pictures from the experience.  This Friday we are also leaving for State College for our annual Penn State reunion and I am SO EXCITED!  We have so much going on and so much to be thankful for right now.  Oh, and did I mention that NEXT weekend we are going to NYC to celebrate our two year anniversary (wedding posts to come!)?  I am in awe of how many blessings are around me daily, even in the midst of a situation where we are grieving.  God really is so good.  I pray this post finds you all in the midst of a week full of love and blessings! 

Before I go, I want to give a special shout out to the love of my life, the birthday boy.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABYKINS!!!!!!!!!!!  I am SO grateful that God brought you into this world and that He handpicked me to be your wife.  I get giddy every time I think about it.  You are amazing and I LOVE YOU. 

Blessings/XOXO

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's grandfather. But I will rejoice with you that he is with the Lord.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, but he is in paradise now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubs. So glad his Birthday Celebration went well. Sorry to hear about his Grandfather but so glad that he is with Jesus no longer in pain. You will see him again some day too.
    Can't wait to see pictures from the skydiving adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you all the best in this difficult time.

    On a happier note, happy early anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you and your hubby's family. Every time I read your blog, I am astounded at how much positive energy I gain from you. You are amazing and so wise for someone your age. You are just such a delight and I am thankful that you allow me a sneak peak into your world through this blog.

    Have a wonderful time at your reunion and in NYC for your anniversary. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss, but how wonderful to have a celebration of his life!

    Sounds like you have some super fun stuff planned in the coming days...can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss but you have a positive outlook on things :)

    Can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss...
    Have a safe trip.
    I'll be praying for you and your Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry for your loss but it is a huge comfort to know he is rejoicing in Heaven!

    We are heading up to PITT next week and NYC a few days after! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary!!!

    Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could not be more adorable if you tried.

    I love having faith that death is just moving on to a better and more beautiful place... it gives me such a sense of contentment in the midst of grieving the loss of ones that we love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a busy, busy girl!! Happy Birthday to your hubby and I hope your trips are a time of celebration and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry for your loss. Saying a prayer for you and the fam. I hope you guys have a great trip! and can I tell you how much I love your posts!! all of them! I'm glad Hubby's birthday was such a success, I knew it would be! I can't wait to see the pictures! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am saying a prayer for you. And happy birthday to your man! Your love for another is so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is a little something over at my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My grandma went to be with Jesus last week too. It's so difficult to say goodbye, I sympathize with your husband, his family, and you as well as you say goodbye, remember precious times, and move forward without someone so dear to the family. Sending you lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete