Thursday, January 14, 2010

changes.

PRAYING for the people of Haiti and those impacted by the depths of this tragedy.  Here is an article you may be interested in reading –  it is a response to Pat Robertson from Don Miller.  It is mind boggling to me that I am sitting at my desk talking about my fabulous life and the changes I am excited to make, when others are experiencing a heartache I can’t even fathom.  It is a wake up call.  I know how blessed I am.  I pray that the people in and around Haiti will feel the Lord’s faithfulness and goodness, even amongst a tragedy such as this.  I pray for HEALING.  And I thank God for this life that He has given me, one that I know I did nothing to deserve.  His love is truly amazing, all the time.  It doesn’t feel like we’re doing much, but I know every little bit counts, even prayers.  :o)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Post:

I.can’t.find.my.camera.ANYWHERE.  A little pixie came and took it, I just know it.  I stated in my previous post that I was going to show pictures and give more detailed recipes from our day of Sunday Cooking – well, unfortunately, those pictures are now MIA.  Still interested in the recipes?  Feel free to shoot me an e-mail! pocketfullofpink{at}gmail{dot}com

Let’s chat for a minute. 

I love change.  I adore it.  Some people are scared of change and not necessarily eager to embrace it.  I, however, thrive off of it.  I am at a point where I am CRAVING it.  A particular change I have in mind has to do with my dear ol’ blogging world.  Ch-ch-ch-CHANGES.  I have SO many ideas looming in my head!  I want to change my posting style, change my color scheme, change my layout, even ----- possibly ----- change my URL.  I know, I know, this is shocking news.  No worries, if this happens, it will be subtle and painless.  :o)  So I am in the process of cooking up a few ideas that will be able to incorporate ALL my passions, loves, and things in general that make my heart sparkle – without limiting myself, to say, the color PINK. And a theme that will easily transfer into several other stages in our lives that my precious Hubby and I will be experiencing over the next several years!  These blog changes may not happen for months still, but this has been on my heart and I wanted to share it with you, my sweet readers. A place to still (and always) dote on my incredible husband, dish about our fondness for cooking, love of restaurants and food, inspiring tidbits I find on the web, photographs, quotes, novels, training for my first 15k --- I get excited just thinking about all of these things.  My goal will be to post more and write less.  I have never been a shy girl, I’m always talking away at any given time, so the idea of having a place where my expressions can be thorough while staying minimal – sounds so relaxing and endearing.  Really, the main reason to change things up a bit is simply because my heart and creative juices are ready.

Stay tuned.  :o)

And in the mean time, have a WONDERFUL weekend!  My lovely-lovie ‘Neene is coming into town tomorrow morning.  We have such a fun day planned full of little surprises I have cooked up for her birthday.  What would we do in a world without girlfriends?  GASP!  I don’t even want to think about it.

These girls are the reason I made it out of college a better woman than when I went in to college.  Christine is in the middle with me.  LOVE.THEM.SO.SO.SOOO.MUCH.

a3Have a WONDERFUL Thursday and a very HAPPY Weekend!

Blessings/XOXO

12 comments:

  1. cant wait to see the changes! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see what all you have in store for us girl! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. excited to see what you pick out... I love change too....I can't keep anything in my house the same for more than a year, then it's on to bigger & better things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls all look so happy and so radiant :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture! Such a beautiful group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute photo! have a great weekend with your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love changes too, very exciting. And I think it's awesome that you adore your girlfriends so much. I COMPLETELY AGREE. When you said because of your girls you made it out of college a better woman than when you went into college, I thought I was reading my own blog, haha. Because that's exactly how I feel. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute picture, y'all look soo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweetie - I haven't posted lately on your blog - but I've read them! And loved reading all about your life - your ideas, your thoughts....it has been a whirlwind these last few days around our home - and we are continually thanking God for his protection for our daughter. Thank you for your insightful words on Haiti and the hardships those people are experiencing, we just have no idea what kind of hardships these people endure. A got a taste of it - and that was BEFORE the earthquake. We can only imagine the suffering now. They do need healing - in so many ways. Oh and I meant to post this earlier, have you ever read Jan Karon's Mitford Series books? Truly delightful reading! I fell in love with all the characters. I know you were asking for book ideas. I am an avid reader - and I meant to suggest those books. Have a relaxing fun weekend with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am jumping head first into change! Be praying for my trip to Costa and move to Portland! Also, love the blog by Donald Miller! I'm totally getting to meet him in Portland b/c Dan is friends with him! Maybe he'll help spur on my blogging! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love changes too. Can't wait to see what you are going to be changing. Beautiful picture and have a great day with your friend. I hope that you find your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for changes!! I just made a ton. It's really great! I can't wait to see all of yours :)

    ReplyDelete