Thursday, August 13, 2009

O.A.R. & a piece of my heart

I know, I know – I’ve been slack’n on here.  I’ve been so busy!  I’m off of work tomorrow and am so excited for the weekend!  We’re going to NYC for an O.A.R. concert.  I have had a few people ask me who O.A.R. is….what?!????  To those questioning, here is a video to spark some recognition or at least some interest.  They are the best band to listen to in the summer, while sitting on the back porch with the smell of BBQ on the grill.  Mmmmmmmm.  Check it out!

And how’s this for some FUN – next week my mom, both of my sisters and myself are all going up to Bar Harbor (haha, yes, I’m going again) for a trip with just us girls!  I am beyond excited.  I know I just got back from Girlcation with my lovies, but this is going to be the first time, in a VERY long time, that it will be just my mom, two sisters and myself on a vacation together.  No kiddos, no men…just us.  Hubsy has a slew of things to get done, so he doesn’t mind that I’ll be leaving the nest, yet again.  Speaking of the hubsy, I wanted to share with you this quote that has become my new life slogan.  I found it while doing my devotional the other day and it has touched my heart in more ways than imaginable – want to share in case it does the same for you!

A wife’s submission requires intelligent participation.  Mere listless, thoughtless subjection is not desirable if ever possible.  The quick wit, the clear moral discernment, the fine instincts of a wife make her a counselor whose influence is invaluable and almost unbounded. – Charles R. Erdmen

Whew, words I want to live by!  I want to daily live a life that suggests clear moral discernment and the fine instincts worthy of being a counselor with invaluable and unbounded influence.  This stretches into SO many aspects of life!  Not only as a wife, but when I’m a mother, in my work place…everywhere.  I know what society thinks of the word “submission”, but I love how this brings to light the fact that Godly submission requires intelligent participation and quick wit.  Pretty much, I desire to be a rock star of a wife who practices this daily.  Here’s to praying God will mold me into a woman of invaluable and unbounded influence!

Oh wait, one more thing before I go.  I am on overload right now with figuring out several different business ideas I have up my sleeve.  None of them are even CLOSE to coming into fruition, but still, it’s taking over my brain.  Are you an entrepreneur?  Do you have any tips for me? 

Have an amazing weekend!

Blessings/XOXO

24 comments:

  1. I hear you about the submission thing. It's amazing how the world distorts that word - either "modern" women who reject the idea completely or men in certain areas of the world who view wives as property. That's a great quote, definitely words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say your blog is really cool and I've enjoyed looking around & reading your interesting posts. Great pictures too !

    Thanks so much for sharing them !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great devotional! I hate that there is a stigma to the word submission when it is clearly what God is calling for us to do. When it is explained...it loses the secular meaning and becomes something Godly women should strive for. Thanks for posting! Definitely helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! What a great description of what a wife should be! Thanks for sharing! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lady, I love that quote! Thanks heaps for sharing. Have fun on your trip and don't forget your camera so we can see lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not an entrepenuer, but I would LOVE to be one!! Maybe I can live that out vicariously through you?! ha ha...

    I LOVE OAR, though I'll be honest, I haven't heard any recent stuff. Oh well - they're still good stuff adn I agree, best to listen to while relaxing in the summer.

    LOVE that quote - I may have to steal it and hang it up somewhere... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great quote. Thanks for sharing. Great video.
    Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annabelle...

    WOW (Words of Wisdom)...Tell me your ideas, haha...i love brainstorming. But for real - Take small steps. Keep pushing the balls forward and the one(s) with the most momentum will prevail!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have fun on your girls weekend!! I so wish I had a sister! Love that quote and the video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time & I love that quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for more fun girl time! Have a great weekend!!! Great quote too girl, glad you posted, it's a great reminder=)! We are definitely entrepreneural and are looking to start our own business sometime soon too=) What are you wanting to do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. have fun at the OAR concert and on your girls trip!!
    the quote is great, i need to attempt to keep that one in mind.
    i am not an entreprenuer but my fiance sure is! he is working on something right now. i don't want to say anymore than that though ;)
    do lots of research on whatever you are coming up with!

    btw, i don't think i commented on your last post, on your honeymoon, you and your hubby are such an adorable couple!! you can tell from the pics that you are so in love with each other, i love that! you are beautiful girly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your weekend sounds like so much fun!!!! I loved that quote and your feelings on it! Hope you have a great rest of the week! = )

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous!! I wanna go see them NYC! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just saw OAR for the first time last weekend- they were great live. Hopefully Matt Nathanson will open up for them in NYC too since he's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE OAR...I haven't seen them in a couple years but they are fantastic! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun on your girls weekend. I need one of those so bad about now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. more girl time--jealous!!! :) lol.

    and my dad started his own business a few years ago, where i've been helping him. not sure if that's useful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful quote. :)
    You have a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great quote! and I am so far from being an entreprenuer but I would say be smart and follow your heart :) That is all! haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. So what is up your summer sleeveless outfit?

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic quote. Thank you for sharing! Have a great time at OAR; I hear they have a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw OAR a couple years ago and just loved them!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE OAR, though I'll be honest, I haven't heard any recent stuff. Oh well - they're still good stuff adn I agree, best to listen to while relaxing in the summer.


    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete