Thursday, August 6, 2009

Girlcation ‘09 – Maine

Ahhh, I just LOVED all of your fun and sweet comments below about Tucker!  He really is SUCH a cutie and we are having so much fun with him right now.  Hubsy is back and we’re all together again!  I have found our evening walks to be the highlight of my days now.  It is so much fun and such a joy to all be together.  We have our own little family; I just love it.  Tonight we are taking Tucker to his first vet appointment!  I am praying he is healthy and flea free.  :o)  I’ll post some more pictures of the T-meister soon!

I’ve already said it once, but I’m going to say it again…my time in Maine with my lovies was AMAZING!!  We hiked, sailed, clammed, ate tons of seafood and blueberries, drank wine, relaxed and ENJOYED each other’s company to the fullest.  It was phenomenal!  I cherish these girls so much and feel so blessed to have been able to spend time with them in Maine.  Here are a few pics!

Friends for life

maine7

“C” in front of the boat we took out.  I loveeee sailing.

maine4   Lobster…mmmmmaine5

MORE lobster…double mmmmm

maine12Enjoying tea and popovers!maine3

We went clamming!  Here is a shot of my lovie “J” digging away.  We were COVERED in mud when we were finished.maine13

It was worth it!  We cooked them up and ate them.  DELISH!

maine6

Games and wine!

maine8

Homemade blueberry pies and muffins, super yummy.

maine9

And even MORE steamed clams

maine10   

Lots of good ‘ol Maine frolicking took place.

maine14

Breathtaking scenery…

 maine18

maine17

maine19

My mom and I had some time alone together at the end before we flew home.  We went to a butterfly release!  It was such a beautiful thing to witness.  Here is a picture of my mom’s butterfly; the little guy didn’t want to leave his box!

maine20Girlcation ‘09 - cherishing ever minute together.  It truly was perfection.

maine11

Thanks for letting me share! 

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday and a wonderful weekend! 

Blessings!/XOXO

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Maine and am so glad you had such a great time! Girlcation's are the best especially in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how fun!!! I love the pic of the raincoats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say I enjoyed your post. I also like the picture of the raincoats. What a vacation! Raincoats one day, shorts the next. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you had such an amazing time! That is so special=)!! and I'm glad Hubby is home and you have your whole sweet family together, you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Husby and I are off to Maine in 2 weeks. I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Maine, it's so pretty! Looks like you guys had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip!! There's nothing like a girl getaway, is there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fun trip! It looks beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!!! I bet sailing is so much fun! Maine looks spectacular!! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sweet!
    Looks like you and your friends really enjoyed yourselves! Aw!
    You all look so radiant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl time is always such a blessing! Looks like you all had a blast! Loved the butterfly release!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh Maine blueberries!! When I was little we lived in Maine for a little while and I used to pick blueberries in our backyard! We would sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just so lovely that you get to do that with your family and friends. What a great location and wonderful scenery!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is making me want to go to Maine even more! Loved the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like some great fun! Nothing like hanging with the girls. So Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great time! Can't wait to see more pictures of Tucker! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Annabelle, I'm so sad I missed out on this fabulous trip! Gosh...I HAVE to make it out there next summer! Miss you more than ever!

    ReplyDelete