Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What a great day to be alive.

Happy St. Patty’s Day, sweet ones!

I am wearing my green today!  Are you?  I loveee St Patrick’s Day.  I love celebrating the Irish heritage in my blood.  Growing up, my mom made St. Patty’s Day extra fun in our household.  In college, St. Patty’s Day was probably one of the best, most fun days out of the whole year.  (STATE Patty’s Day, anyone?)  Tonight, Hubster and I have a hot Irish date planned.  Woo hoo!  Really, any excuse to be festive and have a celebration is taken advantage of in my world.  Are you doing anything fun or green related today?

In college, I used to spend EVERY green holiday with these beautiful ladies below, the ones I spent my time with in NY recently.  I wish I were able to see them this holiday, BUT I have the sweet memories of our weekend spent together in NY just two weeks ago.  Our time together went above and beyond my expectations of a relaxing and FUN weekend.  It was so special!  We shopped, dined, drank delicious wine, went dancing (SO FUN), and RELAXED!  It has come to our attention that in addition to our annual Girl-cation/Maine-cation event every year, we also need an annual Winter Weekend Un’WINE’ding event as well.  I already can’t wait for the next one.

Me with my fabulous four faves…

1b 

Shopping on Long Island!  It was a GORGEOUS day, but still a little chilly.  We all went for a run together in the morning. How fun is that?!  I wish I could wake up EVERY morning and go running with my besties.

DSC05309

Okay, I have to stop looking at these pics, my heart is about to burst.

1c

1ab

I hope you all have a wonderful, green-filled day!  I’m taking a tiny, little bit of a hiatus from the blogging world.  Not for too long, but long enough to come back with a completely, entirely different virtual world of mine.  Do you remember this post?  It’s time, ladies.  There are so many changes happening in my heart and in my life, and it’s time for my blog to reflect it.  I hope you’re okay with saying goodbye to pink.  It may be confusing to change things up so much (name included), but for several reasons I am at peace with such changes - no matter what the outcome is.  My little blog is a little over a year old now, and while the theme of pink was cute and charming to me when I began it, I am sooooo ready for a more subdued and broader theme.  Something that will carry my precious Hubby and I over into the next several seasons of our life… (and no, this is not a subtle attempt to reveal we’re having a little babykins, I can just see some of our friends’ reactions while reading this. Not yet, sweet friends!).  New beginnings are the best, and I can’t wait for this one to start.  You know what my favorite part about it is?  My new virtual world is a concept that was equally created by my husband and me – that is so special to my heart.  The name has so much meaning behind it and is a picture of our life together and the life we are continuously building.  It’s time for a change.  And I’m excited.  :o)

I hope you’ll still be a part of my journey.

HUGS, LOVED ONES!

11 comments:

  1. It's so great to have such wonderful girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all wearing green...Have a fun time with hubs and I can't wait to see the new makeover on the blog. Loved all the pictures of you and your friends. HOw fun to have such a fun circle of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what's next for ya'll!!! hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a trip with my girls soon! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

    Good luck with the transition. I'll definitely be along for the ride! I hope it goes smoothly for you. Have a great weekend, sweet friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will def be along for the ride, hope it goes smoothly friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had fun in NY! Excited to see the new changes to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me miss my besties back home..
    You and your friends are gorgeous i must say!!!

    I'm so happy you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what?!? I just nowww get around to checking out your cutesie lil blog and you are closing shop...bummer! Look fwd to seeing the new and improved one. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I had a lot of Irish in my background too, apparently. It makes sense because pretty everyone on my dad's side of the family has green eyes and red hair. (-:

    Cute blog!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete